ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kinetica, the database for time and space, is now available in the Microsoft Azure Stack Partner Catalog, granting organizations the advantages of hybrid cloud deployments: workload flexibility, high performance computing on advanced hardware, and operational efficiency.
Many modern organizations want the advantages of Kinetica on Azure’s analysis and intelligence on massive data sets with reduced computing infrastructure and lower costs, while also needing the ability to run some workloads on-premises for performance, security, compliance or data sovereignty reasons. Key examples of the hybrid deployment in action include:
- Branch or edge computing needs - by placing the Kinetica analytics platform close to the users and key data, performance can be maximized where round trip latency to the cloud does not provide adequate service levels.
- Data sovereignty and compliance - In circumstances where legal or other regulatory requirements are mandated, Kinetica on Azure Stack HCI allows customers to deploy and leverage the Kinetica platform where and how it best suits their business analytics and data management needs.
- Support for 5G Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC) Analytics - For IoT data collection, the 5G MEC can greatly reduce battery and energy consumption in IoT devices. With Kinetica at the edge, IoT analytics can be computed with high performance and scale to ensure the best possible IoT analytics experience.
“Our customers, including government agencies and top financial institutions, have to store some important data on-premises for security and compliance purposes. They need hybrid cloud deployments to ensure that they can benefit from using Kinetica solutions: running some workloads in the cloud when available and safeguarding the analytics of data that can’t be moved off-premise,” said Nima Negahban, founder and CEO of Kinetica. “Our work with Microsoft Azure and our new validation on Azure Stack HCI will not only help our customers for today’s deployments but help them future proof for the next generation of analytics use cases for autonomous vehicles, predictive maintenance, smart utilities and real-time event management."
Organizations can now find Kinetica in the Azure Stack Partner Catalog in addition to the Azure Marketplace, where the Kinetica database can be tried risk free. With Kinetica on Azure Stack HCI, Kinetica customers will receive the flowing benefits:
- Hybrid cloud flexibility - Kinetica on Azure Stack HCI provides the choice for customers to run their Kinetica workloads where they are the best fit. Kinetica runs on Azure in the cloud and on-premises with Azure Stack HCI. Customers can decide based on their specific business need whether it is performance, security, compliance or data sovereignty where they run their Kinetica-based analytics.
- Performance and scale - Kinetica runs on Dell EMC Integrated Systems for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI. Whether it is CPU or upcoming GPU-based platform capabilities, Kinetica will intelligently use the proper compute target for the optimal performance and scale.
- Operational efficiency - Whether you run Kinetica on Azure cloud or on-premises, you get a consistent set of Kinetica tools to ensure your operations run smoothly.
Azure Stack HCI Overview
Microsoft designed Azure Stack HCI to take advantage of cloud capabilities with simplified access to cloud management and Azure services. Azure Stack HCI enables organizations to modernize their infrastructure and consolidate virtualized workloads, reducing costs and increasing efficiency. Azure Stack HCI is a hyperconverged infrastructure host operating system that pools on-premises and cloud resources, maximizing storage, performance, scalability, and functionality, now with built-in Azure hybrid capabilities.
“With the recent release in Microsoft Azure Marketplace coupled with validation of the new feature update of Azure Stack HCI, Kinetica now provides customers a complete Azure hybrid cloud solution for real-time geospatial, graph and time-series analytics aligned with the Microsoft hybrid cloud vision,” said Talal Alqinawi, senior director, Azure product marketing at Microsoft Corp.
As part of their Azure subscription, customers receive regular feature and security updates for Azure Stack HCI. Organizations can use Azure Stack HCI to run Windows and Linux virtual machines and containerized applications on-premises or at the edge, leveraging existing tools, processes, and skill sets. Data centers can extend to the cloud with Azure Backup, Azure Monitor, and Azure Security Center, and Microsoft is continuing to add Azure services to this list.
Kinetica helps many of the world’s largest companies solve some of the world’s most complex problems across time and space, including the US Air Force, NORAD, USPS, Citibank, Telkomsel, MSI, OVO, and Softbank, among others. Kinetica is the first fully vectorized database running at scale in the cloud. Organizations across the public sector, financial services, telecommunications, energy, healthcare, retail, automotive, and beyond use Kinetica to load and analyze fast-moving data simultaneously, delivering instant insight. Kinetica offers flexible deployment, pricing, and support models across private and public clouds. Kinetica has a rich partner ecosystem, including Dell Technologies, HP, IBM, NVIDIA, and Oracle and is privately held, backed by leading global venture capital firms Canvas Ventures, Citi Ventures, GreatPoint Ventures, and Meritech Capital Partners. For more information and to try Kinetica, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.