SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today CircleCI, the leading continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform announced it has reached more than 200,000 teams using their platform as the company celebrates its 10 year anniversary.
Founded in 2011, CircleCI has always been at the forefront of software development, offering a best-in-class CI/CD platform to increase developer productivity and improve business outcomes. As the largest CI/CD platform serving thousands of companies like Samsung, Peloton, and Ford Motor Company across the globe, CircleCI empowers its customers to take ideas to execution, at scale, by fine tuning the development process from start to finish.
Over the past decade, CircleCI has seen tremendous momentum, driven by new product releases and major customer growth. With nearly every company in every industry becoming increasingly software-based, better testing and validation of new software releases is now a top priority among development teams worldwide. CircleCI’s intelligent and flexible platform is well positioned to help its customers increase the speed, accuracy and efficiency of their deployments - from routine bug fixes to innovative new features.
“We’ve worked hard to scale this platform to make it possible for every software engineering team to stay flexible, improve productivity, and deliver business value quickly,” said Jim Rose, CircleCI, CEO. “CircleCI has always put the developer first and will continue to do so as we move into the next phase of software development, which hinges on the ability to move quickly without sacrificing reliability.”
Since 2013, CircleCI has seen a 3,500 percent increase in usage, and services customers in nearly every country in the world. The company also announced a $1.7 billion valuation and a 467 percent three-year CAGR within the $60 billion CI/CD space, underscoring the huge market potential for CircleCI’s growth.
According to a recent Forrester Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study*, organizations utilizing CircleCI's platform reduced their time for end-to-end software development by 50 percent in infrastructure costs, and increased developer productivity by 10 percent ─ adding up to a net present value (NPV) of $13.98 million and a return on investment (ROI) of 664 percent.
“Silicon Valley is no stranger to hype, so it’s rare for a company to consistently deliver without it,” said Cack Wilhelm, Partner, IVP. “CircleCI has been and remains to be the very best cloud-native platform for CI/CD. We are encouraged by the breadth of the ongoing market, as the need for shipping software remains intertwined with the insatiable customer need for faster innovation.”
Other notable experts in the industry believe in CircleCI's commitment to software development teams, including Hector Aguilar, former President of Technology at Okta who recently joined CircleCI’s board of directors.
“CircleCI has been instrumental in moving CI/CD from a ‘nice to have’ to a ‘must have’ over the years. As software becomes the backbone for how the world operates, CI/CD is the lynchpin for helping teams deliver great quality products, quickly and reliably,” said Hector Aguilar. “The CircleCI team has built a world-class platform, finely tuned to solving one of the technology industry’s biggest challenges in the testing and validation of software.”
CircleCI has seen tremendous growth within the past 12 months, including:
- Reaching a $1.7 billion valuation with $100 million in new financing, bringing the total amount raised to $315.5 million.
- The acquisition of Vamp—the world’s first cloud-native release orchestration platform—to offer first-class release orchestration and change validation to its customers.
- Nearly doubling their globally-distributed employee base, with more than 600 employees working across nine time zones.
- The addition of three board members; Hector Aguilar, former President of Technology at Okta; Mark Partin, seasoned financial executive and current Chief Financial Officer of BlackLine; and current Chief Marketing Officer of Freshworks, Stacey Epstein.
- Ranking No. 242 with a 467 percent Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™.
- Being recognized as one of ‘America’s Best Startup Employers’ by Forbes and a ‘Best Tech Work Culture’ Finalist for the 2021 Timmy Awards. CircleCI CEO, Jim Rose, was also named by Constellation Research to its 2022 Business Transformation 150, an elite list of executives leading business transformation efforts around the globe.
- With every industry increasingly driven by software, CircleCI’s CI/CD platform has captured more market share with developer processing soaring to more than 3 million jobs per day.
- More than 22,800 years worth of builds processed, with a recent report showing 80 percent of workflows finishing in under 10 minutes. In 2020 alone, CircleCI processed more than 6,000 years worth of builds.
- The availability of major product additions including: CircleCI webhooks - deeming it one of the first CI/CD platforms to integrate with Datadog's new CI Visibility Tool, the CircleCI Insights dashboard, CircleCI runner, CircleCI server 3.x, along with added support for Arm, all to further automate processes so engineering teams can ship software faster and more securely.
- An increase in CircleCI orb adoption by 160 percent since the launch of these integrations in 2018. Today there are more than 4,000 orbs listed in the registry.
- Established and nurtured strategic partnerships with Datadog, Inc., Sumo Logic, IBM RedHat, Snyk, and dozens of others.
- Earned multiple designations to ensure best-in-breed compatibility with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including: APN Advance Partner, AWS DevOps Competency, ATO on AWS Partner, and AWS Marketplace Select Partner.
- Launched a Portfolio Partners program for venture capitalists and accelerators to provide CircleCI to their startup ecosystems.
- See all of CircleCI’s growth and momentum over the last decade here
- Read the "CircleCI at 10 and a look ahead" blog post
- Download the Forrester Total Economic Impact Study (TEI) on CircleCI
- Follow CircleCI on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
*Source: A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of CircleCI, September, 2021.
CircleCI is the leading continuous integration and delivery platform for software innovation at scale. With intelligent automation and delivery tools, CircleCI is used by the world's best engineering teams to radically reduce the time from idea to execution. The company has been recognized as an innovative leader in cloud-native continuous integration by independent research firms and industry awards like the DEVIES, Forbes’ Best Startup Employers of the Year, and Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.