NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Genesis Bank (“Genesis” or the “Bank”), announced today the veteran leaders of each of the Bank’s lines of business, including Commercial Banking, Income Property Banking, Small Business Administration (“SBA”) and Government Lending, Private and Specialty Banking, and Treasury Management.
Stephen H. Gordon, Founding Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Each division head plays a critical role in providing financial solutions and advice to Genesis’ clients. It was crucial for us to ensure that each of these front-line leaders representing the Bank has the requisite business development track record, a strong and respected network within our target markets of Los Angeles County, Orange County, and the Inland Empire, and the entrepreneurial passion to set the foundation to make a deep and lasting impact within our communities.”
Jennifer Simmons, President and Chief Operating Officer, stated, “On behalf of the entire Genesis team, we are thrilled to announce this team of bankers, all of whom have extensive proven track records of successfully providing value directly to clients, centers of influence, and communities across Southern California. Through our years of personal experience working directly with each of the bankers, the collective team was hand-selected for their vast accomplishments, banking expertise, and veteran leadership, and we are honored they have chosen Genesis Bank, as well.”
- Ryan Baderian – EVP, Chief Banking Officer, is responsible for overseeing the business development efforts and market strategy across the banking divisions of Genesis. Mr. Baderian has held multiple banking positions in the Southern California market over the past 20 years, most recently serving as Senior Managing Director for Opus Bank, where he led the Business Development, Treasury Management, and Business Banking teams across Opus’ entire west coast footprint. Prior to Opus, Mr. Baderian held leadership positions at Union Bank, Wells Fargo, and Citibank.
- Peter Yacoub – SVP, Head of Commercial Banking, is responsible for leading the Bank’s Commercial Banking division, which focuses on serving small to mid-sized businesses, business owners, entrepreneurs, and professionals. Mr. Yacoub has 26 years of banking experience, most recently serving as SVP, Business Development at City National Bank, where he provided financial services and solutions to clients in the areas of management, operations, and sales. Previously, Mr. Yacoub held various management positions at Bank of America, Union Bank, and Wells Fargo.
- Morgan Ferris – SVP, Head of Income Property Banking, is responsible for leading the Bank’s Income Property Banking division, which includes providing financing and treasury management solutions to investors in multifamily and commercial real estate properties. Mr. Ferris began his career in real estate finance over 25 years ago, previously serving as the National Sales Manager for PennyMac’s Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae small balance multifamily lending programs. Additionally, Mr. Ferris held various senior positions at Washington Mutual and Marcus and Millichap Capital Corporation (“MMCC”), where he was one of the initial loan brokers, and played an integral leadership role in expanding MMCC’s lender partnerships, deal flow, and capital access across its Southern California and national market presence.
- Andrew Mort – SVP, Head of SBA and Government Lending, is responsible for leading the Bank’s focuses on banking small businesses under the lending programs of the SBA and other federal, state, and local government agencies. Mr. Mort has over 30 years of banking experience and joins Genesis from City National Bank, where he was SVP, SBA Sales Process Manager. Previously, Mr. Mort held various leadership roles at Bank of America and Chase Manhattan Bank.
- Balaji Krishna – EVP, Head of Private and Specialty Banking, is responsible for leading the Bank’s focuses on providing high-touch, concierge level, tailored financial products and services for larger client relationships, as well as fiduciary businesses (property managers, homeowners associations, title and escrow companies, and section 1031 exchange accommodators). Mr. Krishna joins Genesis most recently from the Private Wealth Management division of U.S. Bank. Previously, Mr. Krishna was EVP, Chief Banking Officer at Opus Bank, where his management oversight included Private Relationship Banking, Specialty Banking, Fiduciary and Professional Banking, and Escrow and Exchange. Earlier in his career, he held sales and sales leadership roles at Bank of America and Commercial Capital Bank.
- Doug Ferrin – VP, Director of Treasury Management, is responsible for leading the Treasury Management division, and the delivery of the Bank’s comprehensive suite of commercial products, services, and solutions. Mr. Ferrin brings 34 years of experience in treasury management related client services, product management, digital transformation consulting, project management, and sales. Most recently, Mr. Ferrin spent over 28 years at Wells Fargo, where he served in various senior manager roles in treasury management.
About Genesis Bank
Genesis Bank is a California-chartered, non-member de novo commercial bank, organized by a group of highly experienced and successful bankers and business professionals. The Bank focuses on serving the banking needs of small to mid-sized businesses and owners and investors of income-producing multifamily and commercial real estate located primarily in Orange and Los Angeles counties, California, as well as the western portions of the Inland Empire (Riverside and San Bernardino counties). The Bank is powered by GenTeckSM, a groundbreaking combination of best-in-class technologies, which are tightly integrated to give clients a seamless, digital first, and transparent experience featuring end-to-end straight through processing to access lending, depository, and cash management solutions. The Bank’s products, services, and solutions primarily include traditional commercial business, Small Business Administration (SBA), income property, and owner-occupied commercial real estate (industrial, retail, office) loan and deposit products, as well as treasury management services and solutions. Additionally, the Bank will also provide fiduciary banking, escrow, and section 1031 exchange services to serve the banking needs of its clients. Genesis Bank is headquartered in Newport Beach, California, and can be found online at www.mygenesisbank.com.