SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vector Capital, a leading private equity firm specializing in transformational investments in established technology businesses, today announced it has promoted five individuals across its investment and value creation teams. Sandy Gill has been promoted to Managing Director, and Stephen Goodman, Amir Ravandoust, Gabriel Shields-Estrada, and Tom Smith have been promoted to Principal.
Additionally, Vector Capital announced that private equity veteran Mac Hofeditz, who most recently was a Managing Director at GCA Advisors where he founded and led its Private Funds Group, has joined the firm as Managing Director and Head of Marketing and Investor Relations.
Commenting on the promotions, Alex Slusky, Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Vector Capital, said, “These promotions are amply deserved and reflect Vector Capital’s commitment to developing world class talent and promoting from within. Sandy’s promotion to Managing Director reflects his hard work and significant achievements since joining Vector over ten years ago as an associate. Tom and Stephen have also spent their entire careers on the investment team at Vector since before enrolling at business school and each exemplify the values and commitment to excellence that set our talented team apart. Moreover, as members of our Value Creation Team, Amir and Gabriel have each made impressive contributions to our firm and work tirelessly to strengthen our portfolio companies. We look forward to the continued impact of this talented group as we continue to oversee strategic growth and transformation for our technology businesses.”
- Sandy Gill joined the Vector Capital team in 2011 and focuses on software, cybersecurity and online applications investments. Most recently, he played a significant role in Vector’s purchase of Mood Media and the successful exit of Aspect Software. He currently serves on the Boards of Directors at Vector portfolio companies, Cheetah Digital, Mood Media and WatchGuard. Mr. Gill earned his MBA from Harvard Business School in 2015 and graduated cum laude from Yale University with a degree in History.
- Stephen Goodman joined the Vector Capital team in 2014 and has been involved in Vector’s investments in Synamedia, Saba, Vispero, Gerber Scientific and Cambium Networks. He currently serves on the Boards of Directors for Vector portfolio companies Planful and MarkLogic. While at Vector Capital, Mr. Goodman earned his MBA with distinction from the Harvard Business School. He has a B.S. in Physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Amir Ravandoust joined the Vector Capital team in 2017 and has played a significant role in the firm’s portfolio companies Aspect Software and WatchGuard. Previously, Mr. Ravandoust was a project leader at Boston Consulting Group where he was focused on strategy, corporate development and operations for the TMT and consumer sectors. He graduated from Stanford University with a M.S. in Management Science, a B.S. in Management Science and Engineering, and a B.A in International Relations.
- Gabriel Shields-Estrada joined the Vector Capital team in 2015 as a member of the Value Creation team and is closely involved with many of Vector’s portfolio companies including, Cheetah Digital, Mood Media, MoxiWorks, Saba and Triton Digital. Previously, he was a Consultant at Boston Consulting Group where he focused on developing business strategies and executing operational transformations at leading technology, industrial goods, and pharmaceutical companies. He earned a B.S. and M.S. in Management Science and Engineering from Stanford University.
- Tom Smith joined the Vector Capital team in 2013 has played significant roles in Vector’s investments in Saba Software, Vesta Corporation, Keap, Certara, Tidel and 20-20. He currently serves on the Boards of Directors for Vector’s portfolio companies, CloudSense, MoxiWorks and Patron Technology. Previously, he worked at Greenhill & Co. advising clients on a number of M&A transactions in the technology, media, real estate, and chemicals sectors. Tom received his MBA from Harvard Business School and graduated magna cum laude from Brigham Young University with a degree in Business Management, specializing in Corporate Strategy.
- Mac Hofeditz joined Vector in 2021 and previously advised institutional investors on a variety of investment strategies and opportunities. Since 2001, he has advised many leading and top performing private equity firms, including Vector Capital, which have collectively raised more than $40 billion of committed capital. Mac received his B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Commenting on Mr. Hofeditz joining Vector Capital, Mr. Slusky added, “Mac has been a valuable resource to Vector over the many years I have known him, and we are delighted to welcome him to the Vector team. He is a proven industry leader and brings significant experience and relationships that will enable us to further expand our client service capabilities to better meet the increasing needs of our investors worldwide.”
About Vector Capital
Vector Capital is a leading global private equity firm specializing in transformational investments in established technology businesses. With more than $3 billion of capital under management, Vector actively partners with management teams to devise and execute new financial and business strategies that materially improve the competitive standing of businesses and enhance value for employees, customers, and all stakeholders. For more information, visit http://www.vectorcapital.com.