BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Optimus Ride, a leading autonomous shuttle company, today announced the formation of a strategic advisory board comprised of renowned experts and change-makers in the transportation, mobility, and infrastructure industries. The advisory board unites decades of experience and the brightest minds across the various sectors required to enact real change for people and communities, including policy, city government, automotive, manufacturing, real estate, and more. Under such guidance, Optimus Ride will further its mission of solving real world mobility problems by making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
The board is made up of transportation and mobility thought leaders who bring an impressive wealth of experience and knowledge, including:
- Gabe Klein, co-founder and partner, CityFi. As chair of the board, Gabe will provide guidance based on his expertise in advising governments and companies worldwide on innovation in cities. As the former Commissioner of the Chicago and Washington, DC Departments of Transportation, his experience furthering innovation in service of social good and facilitating communications between the public and private sectors will be invaluable in helping Optimus Ride grow in these areas.
- Carla Bailo, president and CEO, Center for Automotive Research (CAR). Carla is a leader in engineering and vehicle program management with 42 years of experience in the automotive industry. Under her leadership, CAR continues to be a preeminent resource of objective and unbiased research, analysis, and information regarding the North American automotive industry. She is also the former AVP of Mobility at Ohio State and former SVP at Nissan.
- Abe Naparstek, Chief Operating Officer of G&S Investors. Abe is a real estate development executive with extensive experience in economic development and government relations. At G&S, he helps to manage the real estate and solar investments across the company’s portfolio. Previously, Abe was EVP at Brookfield Properties where he managed a team of developers responsible for a pipeline of over $10 billion of mixed-use development.
- Lois Scott, a senior finance executive, entrepreneur and civic leader. Lois serves on the board of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago and Kroll Bond Rating Agency and Sunrise Transportation, and chairs the Milken Institute’s new program for Excellence and Equity in Public Finance (which sponsors the Municipal CFO Forum, comprised of CFOs of the largest U.S. cities). She is the former CFO for the City of Chicago where she financially oversaw essential city services as well as many of the city’s public-private infrastructure partnership contracts.
- Phil Washington, CEO of Denver International Airport. Phil is the former CEO of LA Metro where he was a key leader in major transit projects and innovative partnerships and pilots via the Office of Extraordinary Innovation, and the former CEO of Denver Regional Transportation District.
"This advisory board is a true extension of our team and we are grateful for the fresh perspective each member brings to Optimus Ride to help accelerate our market understanding and strengthen our industry relationships," said Optimus Ride CEO Sean Harrington. “Optimus Ride and its customers and partners will benefit from this impressive group’s unmatched expertise that spans the transportation industry. As we continue developing our technology, working with new communities, and delivering our mobility service, the board’s input and guidance will make a mark on the future of transportation.”
The advisory board will work closely with Optimus Ride, offering diverse perspectives across automotive technology, city planning, and other transportation verticals to guide the company as it continues to bring AV technology and mobility solutions to residential and mixed-use communities and corporate and academic campuses. With years of industry expertise working in airports, public transit, real estate and finance, the board is well-positioned to accelerate Optimus Ride’s presence in the key markets required to bring autonomous vehicles to the road today.
“I’m honored to represent this advisory board of passionate and experienced industry leaders as we support Optimus Ride in delivering on our shared vision of a more connected, sustainable, and equitable future of transportation,” said Gabe Klein. “As a key player in the industry, Optimus Ride is poised to radically enhance transportation as well as transit connectivity via low-cost, low-speed, hyper-local shared mobility services that better connect people and communities.”
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is an autonomous shuttle company on a mission to drive the future of transportation. The company develops autonomous vehicle technology and mobility services for residential communities, corporate and academic campuses, and mixed use developments. Its convenient, sustainable rides connect people in and around their communities, when and where they need it. Optimus Ride’s team of technology and mobility experts partner with community and transit teams to deliver end-to-end mobility solutions that unlock operational efficiencies and create amazing rider experiences. To learn more about how Optimus Ride is bringing the promise and benefits of autonomous, electric shuttles to the real world, visit www.optimusride.com.