IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Change Company, America’s Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), is proud to announce that it won two Comparably Awards: Best CEO for Diversity 2021 and Best CEO for Women 2021.
“I am gratified by the fact that our diverse team of employees know that their contributions are valued, their voices are heard, and their talent and hard work are responsible for The Change Company’s dramatic success. Change is making a real impact on the lives of tens of thousands American families each year by expanding access to capital to those left behind by traditional banks and lenders,” said Founder and CEO Steven Sugarman. “I am blessed to work with a mission-driven team that focuses each day on making a difference in the lives of those families we help to become homeowners and bring into the financial system. It is its own reward to know that our employees are as satisfied as I am working at The Change Company.”
Comparably Awards were derived from sentiment ratings provided by employees who anonymously rated their employers on Comparably.com during a 12-month period from June 30, 2020 through June 30, 2021. The Change Company’s employees provided 2,582 ratings and, based on those ratings, Comparably found that employees at The Change Company are “very satisfied with their work experience” and rated The Change Company an “A+”.
Employees at The Change Company provided the following feedback to Comparably:
- “My overall experience with Change has been excellent. The Company values align with my personal values. As a Latino American, our company charter as a CDFI means a lot to me. Changing people's lives through home ownership resonates with me.”
- “Unique experience with a company that is both committed to social responsibility and led by successful and experienced veterans.”
- “I'm lucky to be working with extremely talented people, together we are building a business that will level the playing field of the social and financial inequalities created by traditional financial institutions.”
- “Management always makes me feel that my voice matters, my work is valued and they appreciate me. And, I feel the company is truly trying to make every borrower's dream of owning a home come true. It feels good to be a part of that.”
- “Our CEO listens, is inclusive, and helps find solutions.”
The Change Company and Mr. Sugarman ranked #4 among small to midsized businesses in the category Best CEO for Diversity 2021 and #7 in the category Best CEO for Women 2021. The Change Company was the top ranked company for both Best CEO for Diversity and Best CEO for Women amongst the thousands of banking, fintech, and mortgage companies rated.
About The Change Company
The Change Company empowers homeowners, small businesses, and consumers to pursue their American dreams by bringing social and racial equity to banking and lending. The Change Company’s team has built businesses that have lent over $50 billion to over 250,000 borrowers and provided financial services to over two million Americans.
Comparably (www.comparably.com) is a leading workplace culture and compensation monitoring site that provides the most comprehensive and accurate representation of what it’s like to work at companies. Employees can anonymously rate their employers in 20 workplace culture categories, providing the public a transparent and in-depth look at the experiences different segments of workers have based on gender, ethnicity, age, department, tenure, location, education, and company size. Since launching in 2016, Comparably has accumulated 10 million ratings on 60,000 U.S. companies. The platform has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS solutions for employer branding and a trusted third-party site for workplace and salary data, most notably for its annual Best Places to Work series.