RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, will host a live-stream open discussion on Thursday, July 15 at 11 am Eastern time to discuss news and software features announced during MongoDB.live, as well as the impact on the MongoDB user community.
The live-stream event “Percona and Friends React to MongoDB.live” will cover everything to know about MongoDB 5.0 and updates from the event.
- New features and other announcements
- How to upgrade and what to expect
- Comparison of MongoDB Community and Enterprise Editions and Atlas database service
The panel of experts includes:
- Akira Kurogane – leader of the product team developing Percona’s version of the MongoDB product with additional features and tools;
- Kimberly Wilkins – Percona technical lead for MongoDB with 20-plus years of experience managing and architecting databases;
- Guy Harrison – chief technical officer and founder at ProvenDB and Southbank Software as well as author of the book, “MongoDB Performance Tuning”;
- Bill Reynolds – chief technical officer and founder of Qarbine specializing in business intelligence technologies for NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
There will be live Q+A during the live-stream, so that anyone attending has the opportunity to participate.
“We know there are lots of good things coming in MongoDB 5.0 and we want to share what we learn with the MongoDB user community,” said Matt Yonkovit, head of open source software at Percona. “We’ve lined up a terrific panel of MongoDB experts from Percona and the industry, who will be discussing what was announced at the event, and taking questions from the community, to try and give MongoDB users all the information they need to make the most of their database environment.”
In addition to this, at 11 am Eastern time today, Percona is presenting “A Sneak Peek Into MongoDB 5.0” with an exclusive live look at the features expected in MongoDB's latest release.
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide and millions more using its open source software, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog, and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draws attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.