SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CircleCI, the leading continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, today announced Apurva (AJ) Joshi as Chief Product Officer. The company also announced major product updates to their server capabilities that enhance security and compliance for enterprise teams.
Joshi’s immediate priorities following his appointment include: expanding CircleCI’s footprint to further the development of emerging cloud-native markets, doubling down on the platform’s insights capabilities, and optimizing the CircleCI server offering, which includes new features to its latest version, server 3.1.
Introducing CircleCI server 3.1
CircleCI server 3.1 is designed to meet the strictest security, compliance, and regulatory restraints. This self-hosted solution offers the ability to scale under load and run multiple services at once, all within a team's Kubernetes cluster and network with the full CircleCI cloud experience.
As part of the server 3.1 release, CircleCI joins the AWS EKS Partner listing to deliver best in class CI/CD for Kubernetes users on EKS. Server 3.1 simplifies the installation process for EKS users to reduce the barrier to entry and expedite development.
Many users see benefits from the combined power of CircleCI and AWS, including Will Plourde, CTO of Returnalyze. “CircleCI has become our release team, and AWS allows our developers to focus more on what they’re building, and less on managing infrastructure.”
New server 3.1 capabilities include:
- CircleCI runner on server: Allows users to expand their compute options to include macOS, amongst others, and run unique builds on their own infrastructure.
- Backup and restore: Allows users to save a server instance to a cloud storage service or locally, along with the ability to restore the server instance to a previous backup.
- Access to observability stack: Provides an improved view for operators into the health of the server instance through the observability stack, which provides a dashboard on metrics like CPU and memory usage.
- Enhanced customized integrations: Users can now easily configure external endpoints to Postgres, MongoDB, and Vault. They can also customize Telegraf to direct output to their own data services like Datadog or InfluxDB to monitor installation and integrate with an internal dashboard.
- Private IP for load balancer: This makes CircleCI private, for those choosing to control access through another tool like a VPN.
"Enterprises must move now to master the software capabilities at the heart of their future enterprise journeys, or else they risk falling behind. Self-hosted solutions, such as CircleCI's server offering, can help engineering teams focus on delivering business value while also meeting strict security, compliance, and regulatory restraints," said Jim Mercer, Research Director DevOps, and DevSecOps, IDC.
CircleCI welcomes Apurva Joshi to their C-suite
With more than 19 years of experience developing new product strategies and building scalable cloud services, Joshi aims to strengthen CircleCI’s position as a leading CI/CD provider globally by expanding to regions focused on creating and optimizing their cloud economies.
Most recently, Joshi served as Chief Product Officer & VP of Product at DigitalOcean, where he led the overall product roadmap to develop IaaS & PaaS cloud solutions for a wide array of customers. Prior to that, he served in various product management and customer experience leadership roles at Microsoft.
“AJ’s approach to leadership empowers product teams to deliver their best work. From incubating new products to supporting enterprise customers, AJ’s product management style has enabled developers to work quickly and confidently, which is at the core of our CircleCI product vision,” said Jim Rose, CEO, CircleCI.
“Today, building software is more complex than ever, begging the need for automation and validation solutions at every stage of the development lifecycle,” said Apurva Joshi, CPO, CircleCI. “I look forward to driving the next phase of CircleCI’s product vision, which will expand on these proven capabilities and help engineering teams deliver great solutions to their customers.”
This news comes on the heels of CircleCI’s second-straight $100 million funding and acquisition of release orchestration platform, Vamp.
Additional company momentum includes:
- The addition of Mark Partin, seasoned financial executive and current Chief Financial Officer of BlackLine (NASDAQ: BL), to the CircleCI Board of Directors as the Audit Committee Chair. Partin is best known for his extensive experience overseeing high-growth companies, including serving as CFO at global SaaS company, Fiberlink Communications, and at Headhunter.net (now Careerbuilder.com) where he helped lead its IPO.
- Recognition on Constellation Research’s 2022 Business Transformation 150 and the 2021 SD Times 100: ‘Best DevOps Platform’ lists.
To learn more about CircleCI, visit www.circleci.com.
CircleCI is the leading continuous integration and delivery platform for software innovation at scale. With intelligent automation and delivery tools, CircleCI is used by the world's best engineering teams to radically reduce the time from idea to execution. The company has been recognized as an innovative leader in cloud-native continuous integration by independent research firms and industry awards like the DEVIES, Forbes’ Best Startup Employers of the Year, and Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.