GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dollar General (NYSE: DG) released its annual Serving Others Report that illustrates how the Company served its employees, customers, and communities across environmental, social and governance (ESG) during its 2020 fiscal year. The report highlights DG’s ongoing focus to embody its mission of Serving Others and details the Company’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic while striving for operational excellence and investing in its diverse teams.
“Dollar General’s mission of Serving Others is both the cornerstone of our culture and a guiding force in our future and was on full display in fiscal 2020,” said Todd Vasos, Dollar General’s CEO. “Since our inception 82 years ago, our focus has remained on helping each of our customers stretch their budgets on items they need and want for their families. This year’s report details how we furthered and embodied our mission to positively impact our customers, employees and communities during an unprecedented year.”
The FY 2020 Serving Others Report highlights:
- Review of DG’s comprehensive COVID-19 response efforts, including being named a top 25 corporate responder to the COVID-19 pandemic by Forbes and included on the Harris Poll’s Essential 100 Ranking of companies that played an essential role during the COVID-19 crisis
- DG’s Diversity and Inclusion journey, including a $5 million pledge to support organizations working to accelerate racial and social justice and efforts to foster a more inclusive community
- An overview of DG’s award-winning employee training and development programs
- DG’s expanded Better For You initiative currently serving nearly 7,300 stores
- DG and the Dollar General Literacy Foundation’s charitable giving and impact on its communities
- Details on DG’s work as a responsible steward of natural resources and reducing its environmental footprint
Additionally, the Company announced the promotion of Denine Torr to serve in a newly created officer role of Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Philanthropy. With a focus on environmental, social and governance, Torr will lead all CSR activities and initiatives, as well as direct the Company’s philanthropic works while continuing to serve as the executive director for the Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
“We are equally excited to announce Denine Torr’s promotion to Vice President, CSR and Philanthropy. Denine’s exceptional Dollar General and corporate charitable experience over the past two decades positions her well to lead our accelerated efforts around corporate social responsibility and environmental, social and governance initiatives,” Vasos added.
To learn more about Dollar General’s mission of Serving Others and efforts to support the communities DG calls home, please view the complete FY 2020 Serving Others Report here.
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Everyday.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.