CONWAY, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Acxiom®, the customer intelligence company whose data-driven solutions create business growth by enabling better customer experiences, today announced the 10 winners in the company’s Diversity Scholarship Program.
This initiative offers $5,000 scholarships to U.S.-based students from diverse backgrounds who are enrolled in a full-time post-secondary technology degree program. The program encourages women, veterans, minorities and individuals with a disability to apply for scholarships to support the next generation of technology talent.
“We congratulate our scholarship recipients on this exciting accomplishment,” said Chad Engelgau, Acxiom CEO. “This scholarship program represents Acxiom’s continued commitment to helping the next generation of leaders pursue their dreams through computer science and information technology careers. Our goal is to help foster a more diverse pool of qualified talent, and we look forward to the innovative contributions these students will make to our industry.”
This is the Acxiom Diversity Scholarship Program’s ninth year. This year, the program expanded to provide better future opportunities for the winners. In addition to being awarded a scholarship, willing recipients were offered internships at Acxiom this summer. Diversity scholarship recipients are selected based on their ability to demonstrate a combination of academic achievement, field of study and professional interest as it relates to Acxiom’s business needs.
This year’s Acxiom Diversity Scholarship recipients are:
- Adeola Adesoba – Information Quality at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Sophia Elizabeth Morgan Beard – Data Science at the University of Arkansas
- Jordan Ashton Davis – Information Technology at Arkansas Tech University
- Rashawn Edwards – Applied Data Analytics at the University of Central Arkansas
- Faruq Hammed – Computer Science and Mathematics at Philander Smith College
- Collins Karaze – Computer Science at the University of Central Arkansas
- Kaylin Moss – Computer Science at Marist College
- Tu Ngo – Computer Science at the University of Central Arkansas
- Grace Crossette-Thambiah – Data Quality at the University of Arkansas Little Rock
- Gabrielle Janae Wilber – Business Information Systems at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock
“Acxiom believes that diversity sparks innovation and that an inclusive workplace environment encourages everyone to share their unique perspectives and skills,” said Mary Ward, Chief People Officer at Acxiom. “We are extremely proud to continue the tradition of this important program.”
Acxiom is a customer intelligence company that provides data-driven solutions to enable the world’s best marketers to better understand their customers to create better experiences and business growth. A leader in customer data management, identity, and the ethical use of data for more than 50 years, Acxiom now helps thousands of clients and partners around the globe work together to create millions of better customer experiences, every day. Acxiom is a registered trademark of Acxiom LLC and is part of The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. (IPG). For more information, visit Acxiom.com.