In Ext JS 7.4, Sencha’s high-performance grid has been enhanced with four new highly requested features for both the Classic and Modern toolkit that include multi-level grouping, a grouping panel, summaries for groups and totals, and a filter bar. These capabilities include more data filtering and grouping capabilities that facilitate the creation of more robust, complex applications.
In a recent performance benchmarking study that measured initial load time, filtering speed and scrolling speed, Ext JS grid demonstrated over 300x faster scrolling speed than other popular vendor solutions. On medium to large datasets in particular (100,000 to 1,000,000+ entries), the difference was visually evident in seconds versus orders of minutes.
Ext JS 7.4 features include:
- Multi-level Grouping: allows the Grid Panel to display Store data that is grouped by multiple groupers.
- Grouping Panel Plugin: allows users to drag and drop grid columns to the grouping panel section that is visible above the grid panel; users can move dimensions in the grouping panel in the order they prefer.
- Summaries for Groups and Total: allows users to quickly define functions for aggregation such as sum, min, max count and more per column.
- Filterbar Plugin: adds a docked bar under the grid headers; depending on the grid columns configuration, filter fields can be added.
- Kitchen Sink Examples: include new Grid examples that help users configure and use new Grid features.
“Our team has been laser focused on improving our flagship component, Ext JS Grid, along with significant performance enhancements throughout the framework and components. Ext JS 7.4 is the latest example of our commitment to the framework, community and overall product quality,” said Kegan Blumenthal, general manager of Sencha. “The support from Idera allows Sencha and Ext JS to leverage world-class resources enabling our product and engineering teams to push releases out with an unmatched velocity while maintaining an extremely high level of quality.”
To learn more about the key capabilities of Ext JS 7.4 and Tooling:
- Download the Ext JS 7.4 30-day free trial
- View the Ext JS Kitchen Sink Examples on any device
- Read the Getting Started with Ext JS Guide
- Attend the “What’s New in Ext JS 7.4” webinar on Wed., May 19 at 10am CT/8am PT
- Check out the resource center.
- Try it out for free: https://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/evaluate/
Sencha tools help companies accelerate development cycles for high-performance, enterprise-ready web applications. Sencha's development framework offers a single coding paradigm across all components, with hundreds of pre-integrated and tested UI components, built-in themes, and sample apps and stencils. More than 60 percent of the Fortune 100 use Sencha products to design, develop and test their data-intensive, cross-platform web and mobile applications. Sencha is a division of Idera, Inc. To learn more, visit www.sencha.com.