The analysis — based on an evaluation of the global and U.S. revenues of more than 500 agencies, networks and companies in 2020 — appears in Ad Age’s Agency Report 2021, published today. Accenture Interactive reported the highest worldwide revenue of any digital agency network, at more than US$10.6 billion for Accenture’s fiscal year 2020 (ended Aug. 31, 2020), reflecting 3.5% annual growth.
“Throughout the past 12 months of uncertainty, we have helped our clients create sustainable growth by creating experiences that meet the new, unmet consumer needs brought on during the pandemic,” said Brian Whipple, Accenture Interactive’s group chief executive. “This recognition is validation of the need for an integrated blend of creativity and technology to fundamentally reimagine experiences. 2020 gave brands a blank slate to reimagine their products and services as well as how they interact with their customers. We expect these to continue to be big areas of focus this year and in the years to come.”
Accenture Interactive ranked as follows:
- #1 – World’s 15 Largest Digital Agency Networks
- #1 – World’s 25 Largest Consolidated Networks
- #4 – World’s 25 Largest Agency Companies
Calendar year 2020 was a milestone year for Accenture Interactive. During the year Accenture Interactive:
- Became one of four services under Accenture’s new growth model, announced in January 2020, marking the first time that Accenture Interactive would go to market as its own priority area within Accenture’s overall company structure.
- Announced several key leadership appointments, including Olof Schybergson as its first-ever chief experience officer; Baiju Shah as chief strategy officer; Jeannine Falcone as global lead of creative and marketing services; Deb Corrao as global lead of commerce and platform services; Max Morielli to lead its business in Europe; and Flaviano Faleiro to lead its business in its Growth Markets geographic region (Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East).
- Strengthened its capabilities globally through the acquisition of two leading digital marketing agencies focused on content creation and B2B marketing: Creative Drive and Yesler, Inc.
- Was named a leader in “The Forrester Wave: Adobe Implementation Services, Q2 2020”; the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services 2020 Vendor Assessment; and Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies.
Ad Age’s Agency Report, published annually since 1945, includes rankings of the largest agencies and agency companies based on prior-year revenue and can be found here.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture Interactive is reimagining business through experience. We drive sustainable growth by creating meaningful experiences that live at the intersection of purpose and innovation. By connecting deep human and business insights with the possibilities of technology, we design, build, communicate and run experiences that make lives easier, more productive and rewarding. Accenture Interactive is ranked the world’s largest digital agency by Ad Age and has been named a Most Innovative Company by Fast Company. To learn more, follow us @AccentureACTIVE and visit www.accentureinteractive.com.
Copyright © 2021, Accenture. All rights reserved. Accenture and its logo are registered trademarks of Accenture.