DURHAM, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The slate of speakers for the Percona Live ONLINE Open Source Database Conference 2021 includes those from leading companies dealing with the challenges of scaling their businesses to handle increasing numbers of customers and volume of data while maintaining high levels of performance that are always on, and always available.
The conference takes place May 12-13 and features more than 150 expert speakers, over 160 hours of content across 200 sessions, representing dozens of projects, communities, and tech companies.
Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, today announced the following sessions. These focus on customers’ experiences of successfully managing the turbulent times of the worldwide pandemic and the challenges it brought to those responsible for managing data.
- “Push-button deploy MongoDB with Ansible” Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology, describes how it tackled the challenge of deploying a large number of MongoDB servers – creating a push-button approach to deploy sharded MongoDB clusters and replica sets using Ansible. This helps the company serve millions of people and businesses in a world that never powers down.
- “MySQL & PostgreSQL Migration to AWS at Groupon” The company explains how it migrated its databases to the cloud without disruption and the preparation plans for the onboarding and cutover process, with special consideration for the differences between running in the data center compared with on AWS.
- “Multi-colo Async Replication at LinkedIn” Maintaining and keeping its member data synchronized at multiple data centers requires reliable asynchronous replication globally. LinkedIn will discuss its needs for open source to handle its requirements.
- “Docstore - Uber’s Highly Scalable Distributed SQL Database” Uber manages massive amounts of data -- more than 5 billion trips last year, and 93 million monthly active platform consumers in the fourth quarter 2020. The real-time service has no tolerance for downtime. Uber will review the general-purpose multi-model database it created to serve high volume workloads.
- “Venmo's Aurora Upgrades With Open Source Tools” The leading mobile payment service relies on database clusters to handle high volumes of user transactions while maintaining performance and remaining always available. But, what happens when it comes time for major updates to its database clusters? Venmo shows how it uses a number of open source software products to make the process smooth, with no disruptions to service.
Percona Live ONLINE is a community-focused event for database developers, administrators, and decision-makers to share their knowledge and experiences as data increasingly drives decision making.
Attracting thousands of attendees from around the globe, Percona Live is the longest-running, largest, independent conference dedicated to the vast ecosystem of open source database technologies.
Register here to attend Percona Live ONLINE for free.
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog, and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.