DURHAM, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, today announced the full conference schedule for the Percona Live ONLINE Open Source Database Conference 2021. This year there is a strong focus on how organizations successfully managed the last challenging and unprecedented 12 months. The final keynote schedule will be announced next week.
Percona Live ONLINE takes place May 12-13 and features more than 100 expert speakers and 150 sessions representing dozens of projects, communities, and tech companies, plus over 160 hours of content.
Speakers from Groupon, HubSpot, LinkedIn, PayPal, Shopify and Uber have been selected, along with those providing insight from leading data management companies including Elastic, Huawei Technologies, MariaDB and Yandex.
A number of the conference presentations demonstrate the key role of databases in company successes over the past demanding year.
- “A Tale of 25x Growth in Three Weeks” details how Edmodo’s database queries per second (QPS) went from 200,000 to 5 million in just three weeks. Edmodo is an education company with 100 million teacher and student users around the world. It experienced exponential website traffic growth as remote learning accelerated during the worldwide pandemic.
- “How We Processed 12 Trillion Rows During Black Friday” from TinyBird, whose retail client performed real-time analytics on all its sales data during Black Friday.
- “Migration of a Hundred Database Clusters to the Cloud” by the engineering manager of BlaBlaCar, the French online marketplace for carpooling, with 70 million users across 22 countries.
- “Scaling Venmo's Payments” from the leading mobile payment service explaining critical scaling challenges which arose during the COVID-19 pandemic, and how they were resolved.
- “The Real Costs and Benefits of Open Source Database Adoption” explained by Percona enterprise architect Michal Nosek, who examines the ability of open source databases to handle mission-critical workloads and the total cost of ownership (TCO).
Percona Live is a community-focused event for database developers, administrators, and decision-makers to share their knowledge and experiences as data increasingly drives decision making.
Attracting thousands of attendees from around the globe, Percona Live is the longest-running, largest, independent conference dedicated to the vast ecosystem of open source database technologies.
“Over the past year, we have heard incredible stories of the technological achievements required to meet businesses' extraordinary data management demands,” said Matt Yonkovit, chief experience officer at Percona. “This conference is not tied to any specific technology, but is focused on open source databases and how they can meet the unprecedented demand for scale and performance that businesses require.”
Register here to attend Percona Live ONLINE for free.
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog, and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.