RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Red Hat, Inc., the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the availability of Red Hat Learning Subscription Premium. This new offering, available in North America initially, provides access to self-paced learning experience and access to instructors via live, interactive, virtual classes. Courses cover topics from across Red Hat’s product portfolio and are designed to help individuals and teams keep pace with the evolving technology landscape. This offering will roll out globally in the future.
Since its introduction in 2016, Red Hat Learning Subscription has become the top-selling product for Red Hat Training and Certification. It’s helped thousands of individuals and organizations develop the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in the evolving technology market. This service provides unlimited access to Red Hat’s full portfolio of online training content and certification exams with four subscription levels: standard, basic, developer and premium. Subscription packages are available for individuals and at the enterprise level.
A recent IDC whitepaper sponsored by Red Hat, "The Business Value of Red Hat Training," found that IT professionals who receive Red Hat Training prior to onboarding reach full productivity 76% faster than staff without training. Combined with the shift to a fully remote workforce for most organizations over the past year, the need to create more flexible learning options is magnified. Red Hat Learning Subscription Premium was developed to provide the needed flexibility while still providing access to the complete array of features. Professionals can train and certify on Red Hat software aligned to their needs, goals, and schedule, which can lead to higher productivity and accelerated development, benefiting both the individual and the organization.
Red Hat Learning Subscription Premium includes:
- Live instructor-led virtual classes that offer direct interaction with expert instructors and other learners.
- Red Hat certified instructors leading the virtual classes, who are the same experienced subject matter experts that deliver classroom training.
- Flexible scheduling and shorter training sessions designed to fit learning into busy schedules, with a variety of class topics and time choices.
- Focused training sessions allow participants to narrow their learning to more specific topic areas.
- Course content adjusted based on product releases, updates and emerging technology. Users also receive early access to training on new product offerings ahead of general availability.
In addition to the premium tier, new features have also been added to the standard tier of Red Hat Learning Subscription with the goal of increasing global accessibility for users:
- Expert Chat translation allows users to correspond with Red Hat experts in nine languages: English, International Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Simplified Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
- Improved video classroom machine translations enabling more accurate translation for all 40 video classrooms in Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. This new feature is available to all Red Hat Learning Subscription tiers.
Red Hat has delivered training on open source technologies for more than 21 years. Customers choose Red Hat Training for its extensive experience delivering high-quality training experiences, its global scale and availability, and the depth and accuracy of its curriculum and certification programs.
Ken Goetz, vice president, Training & Certification, Red Hat
“The events over the past year have changed the landscape for learning. Our customers expect flexible learning options that align to the new normal of working from anywhere and learning in the flow of work. With the Red Hat Learning Subscription Premium, we’re providing users with a modernized, flexible experience that allows our customers to fill critical skill gaps quickly and effectively so they can accelerate their IT transformation efforts.”
- Learn more about Red Hat Learning Subscription
- Learn more about Red Hat Training & Certification
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company or its parent International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat and the Red Hat logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.