MELVILLE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC), the world’s largest provider of health care solutions to office-based dental and medical practitioners, has donated more than 10 million items of personal protective equipment (PPE) and supplies worth millions of dollars to enhance the safety of front-line health care professionals, social service providers, underserved populations, and people with intellectual disabilities.
The donation includes face shields, hand sanitizer, isolation gowns, thermometers, coveralls, and face masks, and will be received by seven Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) who will distribute the supplies in more than 40 countries and territories.
Henry Schein’s global distribution and supply chain network managed the donation working through Henry Schein Cares, the Company’s corporate social responsibility program. The recipients are Americares; Direct Relief; International College of Dentists; MAP International; MedShare; Project HOPE; and Special Olympics. These NGOs will receive the PPE and distribute the items among hospitals, long-term care facilities, outreach and partner clinics, and free and charitable clinics helping to provide primary and oral care, maternal and child health, and infectious disease control and prevention in the U.S. and worldwide. Donations will also support the current response to the COVID-19 pandemic and be pre-positioned in preparation for other disease outbreaks and humanitarian crises as well as natural disasters.
“This donation reflects our continued sense of purpose and commitment to values that make the world a better place,” said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Henry Schein, Inc. “In keeping with our higher ambition of aligning our capabilities with the needs of society, we aim to ‘help health happen’ by enhancing health equity, improving access to care, and providing for the safety of health care professionals and patients. Henry Schein is pleased to be working with our valued NGO partners in this important endeavor.”
Henry Schein’s NGO partners in this effort are as follows:
- Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster;
- Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in all 50 states and more than 80 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay;
- The International College of Dentists is the preeminent global dental honor society recognizing outstanding professional achievement and meritorious service while advocating for humanitarian and educational initiatives;
- MAP International is a non-profit humanitarian organization providing medicines and health supplies to millions of people worldwide so they might experience life to the fullest;
- MedShare is a 501c(3) humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities, and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world;
- Project HOPE is a global health and humanitarian relief organization that is committed to placing power in the hands of local health care workers to save lives across the globe; and,
- Special Olympics is a global movement of people creating a new world of inclusion and community, where every single person is accepted and welcomed, regardless of ability or disability.
About Henry Schein, Inc.
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) is a solutions company for health care professionals powered by a network of people and technology. With more than 19,000 Team Schein Members worldwide, the Company's network of trusted advisors provides more than 1 million customers globally with more than 300 valued solutions that help improve operational success and clinical outcomes. Our Business, Clinical, Technology, and Supply Chain solutions help office-based dental and medical practitioners work more efficiently so they can provide quality care more effectively. These solutions also support dental and medical laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, as well as other alternate care sites.
Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 120,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 180,000 additional products available as special-order items.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500® index, Henry Schein is headquartered in Melville, N.Y., and has operations or affiliates in 31 countries and territories. The Company's sales reached $10.1 billion in 2020, and have grown at a compound annual rate of approximately 12 percent since Henry Schein became a public company in 1995.