SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--According to a new report by Talkdesk®, Inc. Research, The Patient Experience Revolution in Health Care, seven out of 10 patient experience (PX) professionals recognize the contact center as a high priority and strategic asset. Despite the importance placed on the contact center, most professionals identify legacy on-premises systems as a significant barrier to improving the patient experience.
“The cloud has helped many health care organizations quickly pivot their patient experience strategies to become more flexible and responsive to customers during the pandemic. Contact centers have become the key point of connection to health resources for many people, which has encouraged organizations to innovate with new communication tools, new strategies, and new processes that breakdown data silos and foster personalized experiences,” said Keith Dawson, vice president and research director, customer experience, Ventana Research. “All of this is happening concurrently with a continuing strong focus on keeping patient data secure and private. The growing CCaaS environment provides a foundation on which health care firms can build connections and trust with their patient customers.”
The Patient Experience Revolution in Health Care report from Talkdesk reveals less than 40% of patients believe health care providers are able to deliver excellent PX in a completely digital way. The COVID-19 pandemic has sped the adoption of virtual care while heightening PX expectations among health care consumers. Nearly 70% of patients say poor patient experience will negatively impact their brand loyalty. Additionally, the report indicates bad interactions can result in patients deferring needed follow up care, leading to worse care outcomes. Despite the clear benefits of optimal PX, not all health care organizations are fully equipped to provide a unified, modern experience across the end-to-end patient journey. From a contact center perspective, the health care industry relies on aging and inflexible on-premises systems and is one of the slowest industries in terms of cloud adoption.
"As consumers, we expect customer service from any company to be seamless, synchronized and easy. Unfortunately, health care has become anything but easy and the patient experience is often frustrating and confusing,” said Greg Miller, vice president of industry strategy, health care and life sciences, Talkdesk. “Health care contact centers can be an essential component of creating exceptional patient experiences and enabling patients to communicate with providers through their channel of choice, as customers have come to expect from any other industry."
Health care in the U.S. is highly complex and disjointed as systems and provider organizations operate independently leading to poor communication, coordination and patient information exchange. According to a study by the University of Colorado, patient handoffs can be some of the most dangerous moments in treatment. The resulting friction, bureaucracy and uncertainty for patients lead to negative perceptions and experiences. These frustrations can cause patients to delay or bypass care in order to avoid the hassle. Health care providers recognize the improvement opportunity; a better patient experience translates into patient loyalty which leads to greater access to care. This increase in care results in better health outcomes for patients and revenue for providers.
The Patient Experience Revolution in Health Care research report from Talkdesk analyzes interviews with nearly 700 patients and more than 150 health care professionals worldwide, including leadership and management for patient service, patient experience and operations. The study reveals five themes related to PX perceptions today, and opportunities for health care organizations to re-imagine and rebuild PX using their contact center:
Re-imagine the patient experience
○ 78% of patients say engaging with health care systems through their preferred channel is important
○ 75% of patients are more loyal to health care providers that invest in strengthening their PX
Unify the patient journey
○ 63% of patients do not believe their health care provider can deliver an excellent experience in a completely digital way
○ 74% of patients are asked to provide the same information to multiple health care professionals
Provide seamless PX, upgrade contact center solutions
○ 68% of PX professionals place a high priority on contact center upgrades
○ 76% of organizations with on-premises or hybrid platforms intend to move to cloud solutions within two years
Coordinate care with omnichannel and artificial intelligence (AI)
○ 68% of PX professionals want more communication channels to connect with patients
○ Use of AI for speech analytics is expected to increase by 50% within two years
Generate patient and business intelligence through the contact center
○ 73% of providers to increase reporting and analytics investment
○ Modern cloud solutions incorporate privacy and HIPAA compliance while providing protected patient data to personalize health care experiences
“The Patient Experience Revolution in Health Care report shines a spotlight on the challenges patients have navigating a complex health care journey, at a time when they are often most vulnerable and in need of proactive, synchronized communication and service. This report clearly identifies PX as an essential component for delivering high-quality health care,” said Tiago Paiva, chief executive officer, Talkdesk. “Cloud solutions from Talkdesk offer the flexibility and operational agility for health care providers to create connected experiences across any channel and in turn, enhances safety and quality, while reducing costs and improved patient loyalty.”
- Register to attend the Patient Experience Reimagined webinar and learn how the best health care organizations are differentiating themselves based on the patient experience
- Learn how Talkdesk is expediting the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine by with its Talkdesk Vaccine Administration Solution
- Discover 8 ways contact centers can simplify the COVID-19 vaccine administration process
- See Talkdesk as a Leader by Gartner in the 2020 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) and other recent awards and recognition
Tweet this: Patient Experience Revolution in Health Care report from @Talkdesk Research reveals 70% of PX pros see the contact center as a high priority, strategic asset. Also identify legacy, on-premises systems as significant barrier to improving #PX.
- Web: https://www.talkdesk.com
- Blog: https://www.talkdesk.com/blog/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Talkdesk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/talkdesk/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Talkdesk/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/Talkdesk/
Talkdesk® is the cloud contact center for innovative enterprises. Combining enterprise performance with consumer simplicity, Talkdesk easily adapts to the evolving needs of support and sales teams and their end-customers, resulting in higher customer satisfaction, productivity and cost savings. Over 1,800 innovative companies around the world, including IBM, Acxiom, 2U, Trivago and YMCA rely on Talkdesk to make customer experience their competitive advantage. Learn more and request a demo at www.talkdesk.com.
Talkdesk is a registered trademark of Talkdesk, Inc. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.