BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Venture Capital & Private Equity Club, the largest student club at Harvard Business School, will hold the 27th annual VCPE Conference on Saturday, February 6, 2021. This year’s event will be conducted virtually.
Several new panel topics will be introduced this year, including panels on life sciences & biotech, ESG, seed funding, and European PE. Also, on the agenda are many of last year’s topics, including consumer, healthcare, technology, the state of PE, and the state of VC. The conference team is delighted and humbled to have confirmed an exceptional roster of speakers, including:
- Matt Nord, Senior Partner and Co-Head of Private Equity, Apollo
- Sarah Tavel, General Partner, Benchmark
- Jonathan Sokoloff, Managing Partner, Leonard Green & Partners
- Tom Verghese, Partner, TPG Growth & The Rise Fund
- Jeff Zanarini, Managing Director, H.I.G. Capital
- Hollie Haynes, Managing Partner, Luminate Capital
- Ethan Liebermann, Managing Director, TA Associates
- Anita Balaji, Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
- Nadim El Gabbani, Sr. Managing Director, Blackstone
- Cristina Shapiro, President, UNICEF Bridge Fund
- Rebecca Kaden, General Partner, Union Square Ventures
“We are delighted and proud to once again host our 27th VCPE Conference,” said John Dionne, Senior Lecturer of Business Administration at Harvard Business School. “As in years past, the 2021 event will feature keynote addresses and myriad panel discussions from a group of diverse noteworthy industry leaders. I thank our student leaders who, despite the challenges of hosting our first-ever virtual VCPE conference, have organized an event of highly relevant and timely topics featuring many of the leading minds in alternative investing.”
“We are very fortunate through this conference to have the opportunity to engage with and learn from such an esteemed group of private equity and venture capital professionals,” said Jess Yuan, Matt Marotta, and Tommy Orr, Harvard Business School MBA Class of 2021 and Co-Presidents of the VCPE Conference. “The enthusiastic participation of so many highly-respected investors, some of whom return year after year, continues to make this event a resounding success. Our sincere thanks to the keynote speakers, panelists, moderators, sponsors, attendees and volunteers who make possible the HBS VCPE conference.”
Sponsors of this year’s event include: EY, Kirkland & Ellis, Covington, Fried Frank, ROI Rocket, Dechert, BCG, BackBay Communications, First Republic Bank, AlphaSights, RSM, Choate, and Preqin. To view the full schedule of speakers and to register to attend the conference, please visit: www.thevcpeconference.com.
The Harvard name and the VERITAS shield are trademarks of the President and Fellows of Harvard College and are used by permission of Harvard University.