SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Transposit, the DevOps process automation company, today announced its continued momentum, business growth, and industry recognition in 2020. In September, Transposit secured a $35 million Series B funding round led by Altimeter Capital with participation from Sutter Hill Ventures, SignalFire, and Unusual Ventures, bringing the company’s total funding to $50.4 million. Transposit also launched its human-in-the-loop automation platform for DevOps, which received industry accolades from the Cloud Awards and the DevOps Dozen Awards.
“I’m incredibly proud of the team this year, not only for the exceptional work they do, but also for the collaborative, fun, and impactful culture we have built,” said Divanny Lamas, CEO of Transposit. “The funding and momentum we’ve achieved so far validates our unique, fully integrated human-in-the-loop approach to automation for DevOps processes spanning incident response, service requests and ongoing operations. In the coming year, we will continue to pioneer innovations that further our mission to make life better for DevOps and site reliability engineers and the people who depend on their services.”
Transposit Unveiled its Next Generation Platform
In September 2020, Transposit launched its cloud-based next generation platform that simplifies operations for on-call engineers, DevOps and site reliability engineering (SRE) teams. Transposit enables them to achieve greater velocity both during incidents and when operations are running smoothly. Transposit aggregates semi-structured and unstructured machine data and human data and structures it in a way that teams can use to build, automate, and scale their operations processes more effectively. The company’s human-in-the-loop approach to automation brings order and efficiency to incident response, troubleshooting, and day-to-day operations. It uplevels actions and coordinates processes while using human judgment at key decision points. Transposit continues to extend platform functionality and will address additional organizational workflows in the future.
Seasoned Industry Leaders Join Transposit
Transposit also expanded its executive team with accomplished leaders that have decades of deep industry expertise.
- Bill Scott joined the company as Vice President of Engineering with over 20 years of experience building and launching scalable platforms at large, Fortune 500 companies including PayPal, Netflix, and Yahoo! He has an outstanding track record of driving innovation, leading high-performance teams, and guiding cross-functional engineering organizations in fast-paced product development.
- Ed Sawma joined as Vice President of Marketing with more than 15 years of product marketing experience from industry-leading technology companies including Okta, Microsoft, and Motorola. His product marketing prowess, passion for building exceptional customer experiences, and standout track record of delivering results will be important in helping the company expand market visibility and generate demand for its platform.
Transposit Received Multiple Industry Nods for Technology Innovation
This past year, Transposit’s product innovation was recognized by a number of industry accolades. In October, Transposit was included in SDTimes’ Companies to Watch in 2021. Transposit was also selected as a finalist in the DevOps Dozen Awards for the “Best New DevOps Tool/Service Provider” as well as in the 2021 Cloud Awards for the “Most Innovative Use of Data in the Cloud.”
Transposit Presented at Key Industry Events
In 2020, Transposit’s executives and team members presented at industry events, including:
SignalFire’s Fireside Chat | July 14, 2020
- Tina Huang, Transposit’s founder and CTO, discussed "Supercharging Your Stack With Interactive Automation" with Niall Murphy, instigator and co-author of the Google SRE books and Azure SRE lead
- DevOps Enterprise Summit | October 13, 2020
- SignalFire’s virtual event with Grammarly | November 10, 2020
All Day DevOps | November 12, 2020
- Taylor Barnett, Senior Community Engineer at Transposit, on “Human-in-the-Loop DevOps”
- Puppetize Digital | November 19, 2020
Blog post: Why we raised a $35m Series B
Blog post: The future of operations is now
Transposit provides automation for DevOps. It increases application uptime and improves quality of life for engineers. Designed for complex stacks, Transposit’s platform provides a single home for operations and incidents that surfaces relevant context across human and machine activities to drive root cause analysis, shrinking mean time to resolution (MTTR). DevOps, site reliability engineers (SREs), and other on-call engineering teams use Transposit’s human-centric workflow automation to increase velocity during incidents and when operations are running smoothly. Transposit gathers all the data engineering teams need and lets them take direct action in any system in the toolchain via Slack or Transposit’s interface with the touch of a button, so they can resolve issues faster with precision. Transposit Mission Control is a unified command center with real-time visibility, streamlined communication, stakeholder dashboards, and searchable, automated documentation. The platform dynamically systematizes processes and serves interactive runbooks to guide incident triage and daily operations, reducing stress, eliminating toil, and ensuring consistency.