NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Change Healthcare (NASDAQ: CHNG) announced its legal and compliance team has won several 2020 compliance and ethics awards, including Corporate Secretary’s Best Compliance & Ethics Program, Corporate Counsel’s Compliance Department of the Year, two Brandon Hall Gold Awards for compliance training, and as a finalist for Financial Times, Innovative Lawyers Awards–– Reimagining Risk Management.
These awards recognize Change Healthcare’s legal and compliance team, led by Loretta Cecil, executive vice president and general counsel, as a disciplined, yet innovative team, dedicated to compliance excellence, supported by the company’s 14,000 team members, executive team, and board of directors.
“At Change Healthcare, our legal and compliance professionals excel at helping our team members anticipate and react to various legal requirements in support of our customers’ needs,” said Loretta Cecil. “As a diverse, inclusive, and creative team, we are thrilled to be recognized for our innovative and collaborative efforts.”
Change Healthcare was nominated for these awards for its successful work on its “Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal” or “BHAG,” as Cecil calls it. The BHAG calls for no major government investigations, no accounting restatements, no major litigation, and no noteworthy public relations incidents for the next decade. To make a goal of this magnitude possible in the highly regulated healthcare industry, it took a novel approach to legal and compliance, and energized leadership.
“Loretta is relentlessly proactive, and a savvy business executive who happened to go to law school,” said Neil de Crescenzo, chief executive officer of Change Healthcare. “She never solves only the problem in front of her; rather, she is always looking at how she and her team can build the best possible support for Change Healthcare––addressing not only the issues of today, but also those of tomorrow.”
Entering 2021, the BHAG is intact, more relevant than ever, and continues to provide tremendous value for the company, and its customers and shareholders, as well as for team members working to reimagine the possibilities and responsibilities of modern legal and compliance.
Details regarding these and other awards include:
- Corporate Secretary: Best Compliance & Ethics Program (small to mid-cap) (2020)
- Corporate Counsel: Compliance Department of the Year (2020)
- Financial Times, Innovative Lawyers Awards: Finalist for Reimagining Risk Management (2020)
- Atlanta Business Chronicle and the Georgia Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel: Lifetime Achievement Award, Loretta Cecil (2020)
- Brandon Hall Human Capital Management: Gold Awards for Best Advance in Compliance Training and Best Learning Program Supporting Change Transformation Business Strategy (2020); Gold Award for Best Advance in Compliance Training (2019) and Silver Award for Best Advance in Custom Content (2019)
- Telly Awards: Bronze Award for Best in Video for Non-Broadcast: Employee Communications (2020)
- Summit International Awards: Silver Awards for B2B Interactive Media and Health/Medicine Website (2019)
- The OMNI Awards: Silver Award for Education (2019)
- Davey Awards: Sliver Awards for Training Website, Health & Health Services Website and Education Websites (2019)
About Change Healthcare
Change Healthcare (Nasdaq: CHNG) is a leading independent healthcare technology company, focused on accelerating the transformation of the healthcare system through the power of the Change Healthcare Platform. We provide data and analytics-driven solutions to improve clinical, financial, administrative, and patient engagement outcomes in the U.S. healthcare system. Learn more at changehealthcare.com.
For more information on Change Healthcare, please visit our website, hear from our experts at Insights; Follow us on Twitter; Like us on Facebook; Connect with us on LinkedIn; and Subscribe to us on Libsyn, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and YouTube.