WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Issues management expert and CommCore CEO Andrew Gilman has joined with two industry notables to launch Project RESTART, a strategic communications group purpose-built to help organizations manage recovery as new protocols emerge to combat the coronavirus.
Project RESTART leaders include Andrew McCormick, former corporate communications and sustainability leader at Hershey and Pfizer, and Gary Stockman, previously head of marketing and communications at DXC Technology and former CEO of Porter Novelli.
Project RESTART launches as new COVID-19 vaccines are expected to be cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. With this development, organizations of all types are making plans on how they will move toward a post-COVID era.
Even with widespread vaccine distribution, the complexities of COVID recovery will be a challenge. Project RESTART has been built to help organizations achieve significant and tangible outcomes: 1) Improved performance by enhancing employee safety, peace-of-mind and morale; 2) Risk mitigation, ensuring regulatory compliance, reducing liability and managing cross-functional complexity; and 3) Community support, playing a lead role in helping to restore public health.
“The impact of the coronavirus has been devastating,” Gilman noted. “Even with the promise of vaccines, we need to rally together in the coming months to minimize additional impacts. At the same time, organizations should consider how they will manage the period from now through widespread vaccine availability, and into an eventual post-COVID world.
“We are building a diverse team that will help organizations create strategies based on science to build trust, convince employees and customers that their safety is paramount, and restore productivity – all while managing risk,” Gilman said. “Project RESTART provides a focused, message-driven program directed by crisis communications experts, public health scientists, and D&I veterans designed to build confidence with all critical stakeholders: employees, customers and the community.”
Taken together, the expertise in Project RESTART brings significant advantages that can assist an organization’s health, safety and HR internal capabilities:
- Proven experience managing high-stakes crises and issues, from Tylenol tampering to the APT10 global hack;
- A science-based approach, combining public health data with proprietary research to tailor messaging to specific populations in English, Spanish and other languages;
- Demonstrated success coordinating across functions, including Legal, HR, Facilities and Marketing/Sales;
- Modular program design, combining core strategies and tactics with consulting that is based on a custom-designed best practices diagnostic; and
- Deep communication skills, including media relations, issues management, CSR strategy, speech writing, employee communications, executive training and corporate strategy.
“Rebuilding from COVID closures is much more complicated than the Tylenol crisis that I worked on,” noted Gilman. “And it makes both risks and opportunities far greater.”
To discuss a diagnostic for your organization or for more information on Project RESTART, go to https://www.commcoreconsulting.com/project-restart or call CommCore at +1 202-659-4177.