NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This year marks the 21st anniversary of Wine Enthusiast’s Annual Wine Star Awards, honoring the individuals and companies that make outstanding contributions to the wine and alcohol beverage world. In a challenging year for all industries, we salute the dedicated beverage professionals who have innovated and soldiered on to push our industry to even greater heights.
“We’re thrilled to announce these highly esteemed seventeen Wine Star Award winners of 2020,” says Chairman & Publisher of Wine Enthusiast, Adam Strum. “This year’s list was selected by taking a 360-degree view of our industry with input from all departments in our media group. These recipients have not only survived in the most arduous environment in a generation, with their vision and courage, they have thrived. We look forward to honoring these individuals in our most unique iteration of this iconic event to-date -- our virtual three-day gala in late January 2021 where all are welcome to join.”
- Person of the Year – Heidi Scheid, Executive Vice President, Scheid Family Wines; Chairperson, Wine Market Council
- Lifetime Achievement – Alan Dreeben, Partner, Republic National Distributing Company
- American Wine Legend – Gary Eberle, Partner / Enologist, Eberle Winery
- Wine Executive of the Year – Gerard Thoukis, CMO, Foley Family Wines
- Social Visionary of the Year – Julia Coney, Founder, Black Wine Professionals; Wine Writer, Educator and Consultant
- Innovator of the Year – Cory Rellas, CEO and Cofounder, Drizly
- Sommelier / Wine Director of the Year – Victoria James, Head Sommelier, Beverage Director and Partner, Cote
- Wine Educator of the Year – Cristie Norman, Founder / CEO, The Online Wine Course; Cofounder/President, The United Sommeliers Foundation
- American Winery of the Year – Michael David Winery, Lodi, CA
- European Winery of the Year – Domaines Paul Mas, Languedoc, France
- New World Winery of the Year – Casillero Del Diablo, Chile
- Importer of the Year – Quintessential Wines
- Retailer of the Year – Albertsons
- Wine Region of the Year – Trentino, Italy
- Winemaker of the Year – Greg Brewer, Cofounder and Winemaker, Brewer-Clifton
- Viticulturist of the Year – Miguel Luna, Partner, Silverado Farming Company
- Spirit Brand / Distiller of the Year – Uncle Nearest / Nearest Green, Shelbyville, TN
Celebrate the 2020 Wine Enthusiast Wine Star Award winners January 26 – 28, 2021 @ 1 PM EST daily via our first ever virtual celebration. CLICK HERE to RSVP. To read in-depth profiles of the Wine Star Award winners, pick up the Best of Year Issue of Wine Enthusiast magazine hitting newsstands December 7th, 2020 or online at WineMag.com. To join the social conversation follow @WineEnthusiast on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag #WineStarAwards.
About Wine Enthusiast Media
Wine Enthusiast’s approach to wine and spirits is accessible and unpretentious, and enjoyed by novices and experts alike. With a vibrant print magazine published 10 times a year including two double issues and a dynamic digital media platform delivering original content daily, the media group’s audience is over one million strong. The magazine and its Buying Guide with more than 280,000 ratings and reviews make up the most comprehensive database in the industry available for free online at www.WineMag.com.