PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Columbia Sportswear Company (NASDAQ: COLM) released its 2019 Corporate Responsibility Report, which includes highlights from the progress made throughout 2019 in the three main areas of focus in its corporate responsibility strategy – empowering people, sustaining places and responsible practices.
The report assesses work accomplished in 2019 by its four primary brands – Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, including:
- Pledged to support 150,000 women in their participation in the HERproject by 2025 to empower women in the supply chain.
- Built seven new water towers in 2019 in our manufacturing partners’ communities. This brings our total water towers built to 15, that provide approximately 15,000 people a day with clean water through the Columbia Clean Drinking Water Program.
- Donated $2,037,098 by CSC to charitable causes or organizations.
- Connected approximately 8,058 students to the outdoors through Columbia’s support of The National Park Foundation’s “Open OutDoors for Kids” campaign.
- Launched innovative product collections with sustainable attributes across our brands.
- Used 100% Responsible Down Standard certified down used across all of our brands.
- Reduced absolute emissions in North American operations by 9% since 2018.
- 6th year of Higg Index annual supply chain assessments.
- Completed 390+ unannounced audits conducted at our manufacturing partner facilities with more than 40% of manufacturing partner facilities independently audited by third party auditors.
A key element of this year’s report is the addition of Human Resources data, capturing highlights from the global workforce in 2019, including workforce statistics, employee wellbeing programs and employee-driven initiatives.
To learn more about Columbia Sportswear Company’s corporate responsibility efforts, view the 2019 Corporate Responsibility Report. The Company has also released a Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Index, which discloses the Company’s corporate responsibility efforts in accordance with SASB industry-specific standards and can be viewed here.
About Columbia Sportswear Company:
Columbia Sportswear Company has assembled a portfolio of brands for active lives, making it a leader in the global active lifestyle apparel, footwear, accessories, and equipment industry. Founded in 1938 in Portland, Oregon, the company’s brands are today sold in approximately 90 countries. In addition to the Columbia® brand, Columbia Sportswear Company also owns the Mountain Hardwear®, SOREL® and prAna® brands. To learn more, please visit the company’s websites at www.columbia.com, www.mountainhardwear.com, www.sorel.com and www.prana.com.