MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The 2nd Annual Cybersecurity Impact Awards today announced that its independent panel of judges has identified and is recognizing multiple honorees (individuals and businesses) located in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia (DMV) for their leadership and innovation within the cybersecurity industry. Judges reviewed submissions across categories including Start-up to Watch, Small, Medium and Large Business, Federal Headquarters and Individuals.
“This year’s nominees included a broad spectrum of cyber security companies, including a firm that provides advanced red team automation solutions, quantum security, encryption and compliance support. These are the firms that should be on the short list of any enterprise seeking to economically reduce risk in the modern age. I have had the privilege of being a judge the past two years and appreciate the opportunity to review the submissions from so many amazing cybersecurity companies in this region. Once again the quality of submissions proves that the level of innovation and talent in this region is second to none,” said Bob Gourley, CTO, OODA LLC.
The 2020 Cybersecurity Impact Award honorees:
Start-up to Watch
- Armando Seay, Board of Directors, DreamPort and Maryland Innovation and Security Institute
- Dave Baggett, Founder and CEO, INKY Technology Corporation
- Diane Janosek, Founder/President of Women in Cybersecurity Mid-Atlantic Affiliate
- Jason Crabtree, CEO and Co-Founder, QOMPLX
- John Martinez, Vice President and General Counsel, Raytheon Intelligence & Space
- Michael Janke, Co-Founder, DataTribe
- Michael Kaiser, President and CEO, Defending Digital Campaigns
- Michaela Barnett, Founder, Blacks in Cybersecurity
- Philip Quade, CISO and Chairman of the Board, Fortinet Federal
- Tushar Garg, CEO, Excelicon
“This year’s program once again showed the depth and breadth of cybersecurity talent that calls this region home,” said Jonathan Hall, CBRE “The judges had a difficult task in selecting what companies to honor in this year’s program as there were so many that submitted worthy of this accolade. It all comes down to a submission process that requires companies to articulate their value proposition, relevance and innovation.”
The annual Cybersecurity Impact Awards is supported by CBRE, The CyberWire, W2 Communications and The Washington Business Journal. For more information on the Cybersecurity Impact Awards visit https://www.cybertacos.net/impact-awards/.