REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Minecraft Dungeons – Fight your way through a new action-adventure game inspired by classic dungeon crawlers and set in the Minecraft universe! Brave the dungeons alone or team up with friends*. Up to four players** can battle together through action-packed, treasure-stuffed, wildly varied levels – all in an epic quest to save the villagers and take down the evil Arch-Illager. Minecraft Dungeons will be available on May 26.
- WHAT THE GOLF? – An award-winning, silly physics-based golf parody in which every golf course is a new surprising type of golf. Some are brilliant and hilarious, while others are so absurd they will make you go: WHAT THE GOLF? Bring your car to the Driving Range, golf a bird to get a Birdy or a house and get a Home In One. You can even challenge a friend to the least realistic golf game ever made in the new local party mode for two.
Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online*
- Wild Guns – The Kid gang and their army of robots have taken over! Blast your way through villainous outlaws, diabolical robots and towering, screen-filling bosses. Fortunately, you’ve got plenty of moves to help you survive the firepower headed your way. You’ll need a sharp eye and quick-on-the-draw reflexes to survive on your own. Or team up with a friend and go out blazing in two-player co-op.
- Panel de Pon – As the stack of puzzle pieces rises, think fast to match panels and set off cascading chain reactions and combos. You’ll have to make strategic choices quickly to counteract the relentless competitor attacks from above. A selection of single-player and two-player modes and options provides escalating action and zippy fun. This title originally launched for the Super Famicom in 1995, but this is the first time this version of the game will be available in the U.S. Though this title was never translated into English, it may seem familiar!
- Operation Logic Bomb – Agent Logan has been fitted with bioelectronic implants that grant him superior strength, reflexes and analytical abilities. He’s been charged with a mission to save the Subspace Particle Transfer Project. Now it’s up to him to infiltrate, neutralize the intruders and rescue the scientists in a top-down shooter with giant bosses and frenzied action that doesn’t let up.
Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online*
- Rygar – An old legend proclaimed, “When the peaceful land is covered with evil spirits, a brave soldier will be brought to life from the dead.” Luckily, Rygar, the mythical hero from Argus, has arrived in order to defeat the evil king Ligar and his army of dangerous beasts. Join forces with Rygar for a hybrid action-adventure game with a distinct blend of platforming and role-playing elements!
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath*** – Continue the critically acclaimed Mortal Kombat 11 storyline in a new adventure. Fragile alliances are tested and the fate of two worlds hang in the balance. Now is the time to forge a new history. This DLC also includes three new playable fighters: Sheeva, Fujin and Robocop. New players can purchase the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Collection, which includes the base game and the Aftermath DLC. In the original Mortal Kombat 11 cinematic story, take on the role of Earthrealm’s protectors as a menacing new foe bends the forces of time, threatening to turn the tide and rewrite their own dark history.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Ailment – Available May 27
- Animal Up! – Available May 22
- Aqua Lungers
- Arcade Archives RADICAL RADIAL
- Arrest of a stone Buddha
- Black Jack
- Concept Destruction – Available May 22
- Knight Swap 2
- Lost Artifacts: Time Machine
- Monster Prom: XXL
- Monstrum – Available May 22
- Pushy and Pully in Blockland
- realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
- Red Wings: Aces of the Sky
- Skelly Selest & Straimium Immortaly Double Pack
- Steel Rain
- The House of Da Vinci 2
- The Persistence
- Water Balloon Mania
*Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
**Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
***Full version of game required to use DLC. Sold separately.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.