MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) announced today a new alliance with BigCommerce, an open SaaS e-commerce platform, to help small and medium businesses get up and running online fast and affordably.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many brick-and-mortar businesses have had to close their physical stores and are looking for ways to move their retail operations online. To help with this effort, FedEx and BigCommerce are collaborating on an offer for new BigCommerce customers consisting of four months of free service with BigCommerce and discounted FedEx shipping rates. More information is available at https://www.fedex.com/en-us/big-commerce.html.
“As we all face the unprecedented challenges of COVID-19, it’s even more important for small and medium businesses to be able to continue providing much-needed goods and services to their communities,” said Randy Scarborough, vice president of Customer Engagement Marketing at FedEx. “We’re proud to team up with BigCommerce to make it easier for more businesses to move online quickly so they can stay connected to commerce and deliver for their customers.”
The collaboration doesn’t stop there. FedEx and BigCommerce have aligned to offer all BigCommerce customers access to FedEx shipping discounts. Known as the FedEx Advantage Program, it will give current small and medium businesses on BigCommerce access to FedEx e-commerce solutions, including competitive shipping discounts.
“FedEx understands that making shipping seamless for small businesses is an essential ingredient to success and to growth,” added Scarborough. “This collaboration gives BigCommerce customers simple and affordable access to FedEx top-tier shipping services within the same familiar platform they are already using.”
FedEx is committed to supporting small businesses during this challenging time to help ensure they continue to play a vital role in our communities and the economy. FedEx recently joined a coalition of more than 40 companies in Stand for Small powered by American Express. This new digital platform leverages the power of partnership to give small businesses access to meaningful support during the COVID-19 crisis and recovery efforts.
FedEx continues to explore additional opportunities to assist small businesses and currently offers several helpful online resources to provide information and insights.
- The FedEx Small Business COVID-19 Resources page has information to help business owners navigate running a small company during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The newly launched Tech Chat with Small Business page serves as a hub where business owners can see what technology their peers are using to start and scale their businesses. They can learn about different website platforms and online tools and hear directly from businesses facing similar challenges.
- The FedEx Making it Work Podcast features guests and entrepreneurs sharing their insights and conventional wisdom on the highs and lows of running a business.
- The FedEx E-Commerce Center offers tips including e-commerce shipping, fulfilling orders and meeting expectations beyond delivery.
- The FedEx Small Business Center provides shipping solutions, tools and insights from entrepreneurs and experts.
- FedEx Office is keeping businesses moving forward and offering ready-to-print COVID flyers and posters about CDC-recommended safety measures and social distancing. Through May 31, 2020, customers can save up to $30 off their print orders.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $70 billion, the company offers integrated business solutions through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 475,000 team members to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. To learn more about how FedEx connects people and possibilities around the world, please visit about.fedex.com.