XIAMEN, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NewSound, China’s premier developer and manufacturer of hearing devices, recognizes the unique challenges the COVID-19 pandemic has placed on the hearing impaired community. As most vendors are on lockdown, simply purchasing hearing aids offline and receiving fitting services from hearing care professionals (HCP) is out of the question. NewSound is at the ready, providing not only online hearing aid purchases, but also the EASYHEAR application, released just over one year ago in China, and now available internationally.
NewSound asserts that the EASYHEAR REMOTE CARE application is the ideal methodology for hearing care professionals (HCPs) to use when responding to the needs of the hearing impaired, by enabling patient support via phone and virtual communication, according to the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and the American Academy of Audiology (AAA).
Newsound’s Chief Technical Officer Lee said, "EASYHEAR carries out real-time data transmission from both initial unilateral hearing tests and patient self-adjustment to the midpoint stage of bilateral asynchronous adjustment, as well as synchronous adjustment between the patient and the hearing expert."
In 2016, NewSound sponsored more than 60 clinical trials of the EASYHEAR application with China’s largest hearing center, and has subsequently enjoyed widespread support throughout the project’s development phase. In 2019, Professor Xin Xi, who sits on the advisory board for the Audiological Development Foundation of China, along with his team, is currently engaged in “a clinical evaluation of the activities of 20 users of NewSound’s direct-to-consumer hearing aid and EASYHEAR application.”
NewSound defines the principal benefits of the EASYHEAR application as:
- A user-friendly, straightforward interface, allowing users to complete adjustments without the help of HCPs, thus eliminating the risk associated with face to face interaction;
- EASYHEAR meets the directives of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- The remote fit features of the application permit synchronous, asynchronous and hybrid adjustments, which meet the dual needs of patients and HCPs;
- Verified audiometry and automatic fitting functions, boasting 99% precision;
- Fitting data stored in the cloud for security and privacy;
- EASYHEAR is compatible with entire series of NewSound’s products, including open-fit BTE, RIC BTE and Instant-fit ITC products;
- An excellent sales driver for direct-to-consumer hearing aids
NewSound further indicates that its EASYHEAR services will soon incorporate learning features powered by artificial intelligence.