CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT), a leading integrated cloud communications platform, today announced expanded global capabilities for the free, standalone version of 8x8 Video Meetings. The company has accelerated the global reach and capabilities of 8x8 Video Meetings, providing companies and employees location-independent access to unlimited meetings through any internet-connected desktop or mobile device without any additional software.
Since February 1, 2020, 8x8 Video Meetings usage and demand has increased significantly:
- Users from more than 125 countries now use 8x8 Video Meetings.
- The number of new users for 8x8 Video Meetings has more than tripled.
- New registered users for the standalone 8x8 Video Meetings solution nearly tripled.
“8x8’s mission is to deliver cloud solutions that allow companies to be ready, resilient and responsive. This ensures business continuity and allows people to work safely and productively from anywhere around the globe,” said Vik Verma, Chief Executive Officer at 8x8, Inc. “8x8 Video Meetings simply works for the mobile and remote workforce, providing no limits or restrictions so people can meet freely and collaborate effortlessly, whether in the office or remote from home. We are doing our part to keep businesses and communities connected locally and globally.”
New and enhanced features of 8x8 Video Meetings include:
- Unlimited usage - no restrictions on number of meetings or meeting duration.
- International dial-in numbers in more than 55 countries including local and toll-free options.
- A browser-based interface that allows users to start or join meetings in a single click or touch.
- Calendar plugins for Google and Outlook that allow users to schedule and join 8x8 Video Meetings directly from their calendar.
- Cloud storage for meetings recordings.
- Support for live streaming of large meetings to YouTube.
- A permanent personal URL to a private virtual meeting space.
- Real-time meeting closed captioning and transcription.
- Machine learning-based noise detection and alerts for enhanced meeting experience.
Millions of Downloads and Thousands of Applications
8x8 operates the Jitsi.org open-source video conferencing project, and based 8x8 Video Meetings on this code that has been hardened with over a million downloads and in applications like banking video conferencing, education as a service platforms and home security applications globally. The product is packaged with 8x8 X Series for businesses that have a mobile and remote workforce requiring a highly reliable and resilient solution across desktop and mobile devices for voice, video, chat, contact center, APIs and advanced analytics. The free, standalone version of 8x8 Video Meetings, introduced to the public in November 2019, is available at https://8x8.vc/. 8x8 Video Meetings is optimized for use with WebRTC-enabled browsers for standalone and guest users. The solution can also be easily paired with video conferencing enabled rooms and huddle spaces through 8x8 Meeting Rooms.
About 8x8, Inc.
8x8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT) is transforming the future of business communications as a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of voice, video, chat, contact center, and enterprise-class API solutions powered by one global cloud communications platform. 8x8 empowers workforces worldwide to connect individuals and teams so they can collaborate faster and work smarter. Real-time business analytics and intelligence provide businesses unique insights across all interactions and channels so they can delight end-customers and accelerate their business. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
8x8® and 8x8 X Series™ are trademarks of 8x8, Inc.