PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BitGo, the leader in digital asset financial services, announced today that it is now offering institutional digital asset lending services. With BitGo, institutional clients now have a trusted partner that delivers superior access to supply and industry-leading client service.
BitGo's lending service was built by a Wall Street team that understands institutional investing and clients’ needs. The launch follows a several-month private beta during which BitGo worked closely with leading institutions to hone and refine the offering.
“BitGo has built a reputation for leading the industry in innovation, security, and client service, and we are now extending that expertise to BitGo Lending,” said Mike Belshe, CEO, BitGo. “With our lending service, we are melding the best of Wall Street’s sophisticated understanding of how to work with institutional investors, and the best of Silicon Valley’s technology and innovation.”
“Our goal was to build a lending business that is similar to lending businesses in the traditional financial markets,” said Nick Carmi, Head of Financial Services, BitGo. “We are not interested in a high-volume, low-margin business; we are building deep relationships with our clients to drive value for them and to create a long term, sustainable business.”
Benefits of BitGo’s Lending Offering:
- Trusted partner relationships provide clients with best-in-class service
- Fast execution means that clients are able to capitalize on market opportunities
- Thorough due diligence mitigates risk for all parties
- Exclusive relationships give borrowers access to unique assets
- Loans are fully collateralized
- No rehypothecation because collateral is segregated from lending inventory
- Detailed reporting is customized for each client
- Access to best-in-class custody
- Ability to work with regulated custodian BitGo Trust
- BitGo platform is SOC 2 Type 2 certified
For more information, contact email@example.com.
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 200 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and spans more than 50 countries. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo is backed by Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.