CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pritzker Private Capital ("PPC"), a leader in family direct investing, today announced several senior-level executive promotions and new hires as the firm continues to grow its investment and operations capabilities to help build middle-market manufactured products, services and healthcare companies for long-term success.
- Michael L. Nelson has been named Head of Manufactured Products and Services Investing. Nelson will continue as co-leader of the Manufactured Products team and will now assume overall leadership of PPC's Manufactured Products and Services investing, enhancing PPC's coordination and effectiveness in identifying and executing investment opportunities in these sectors. Similarly, Ryan Roberts, Investment Partner - Services, will continue in his role as co-leader of the Services team.
- David A. Gau has been named Head of Operations. Gau previously served as PPC's Operating Partner responsible for Manufactured Products. The creation of this new position provides dedicated, experienced leadership to PPC's growing operations team, which brings a critical capability to the firm's value creation and growth strategies.
- Eric J. Kieras joins PPC as a Principal on the Services investing team. Kieras joins PPC with 15 years of experience in investing in privately held and entrepreneurially run businesses in the United States and Canada. The Services sector is a strategic priority for PPC, and Kieras brings additional capabilities and experience to the team.
- Meghan M. Slentz joins PPC as Head of Partner Relations and Marketing. Slentz brings a decade of experience in developing and managing relations with investor partners and promoting marketplace awareness for the organizations she has served. Her background and experience will further advance PPC's committed club strategy and build upon the firm's success in partnering with other like-minded family investors.
- Carter A. Cast joins the PPC team as a Senior Advisor. Cast, the former CEO of Walmart.com and current member of the Kellogg Company and SMS Assist Boards of Directors, will bring valuable expertise in e-commerce, marketing and talent development to PPC's operating companies. He also serves as an Operating Partner with Pritzker Group Venture Capital and Clinical Professor of Entrepreneurship at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
These appointments strengthen PPC's world-class team of investment and operating professionals. PPC continues to be uniquely positioned to achieve strong results for its family of companies by combining the flexibility of long-duration capital with the legacy and values of a family-owned business.
PPC is driven by a deeply rooted understanding and appreciation for building businesses for the long term while honoring the legacies of its companies. PPC brings a time-tested, disciplined approach to partnering with middle-market companies, focusing on quality businesses with leading positions in the manufactured products, services and healthcare sectors.
"I am thrilled to announce Michael and David's promotions, and to welcome Eric, Meghan and Carter to the PPC team," said Tony Pritzker, Chairman and CEO of PPC. "As a family-owned firm ourselves, we are passionate about building businesses for long-term success, and we have a proven track record of doing so while upholding our core values of honesty, integrity and loyalty. By strengthening PPC's senior team, we are poised to execute on the next phase of our growth as the ideal partner for family- and entrepreneur-owned businesses based in North America."
"I am excited for Michael and David as they take on their new roles at PPC and look forward to working with Eric, Meghan and Carter to further strengthen our capabilities," said Paul Carbone, President and Managing Partner of PPC. "Our differentiated strategy and leading position in deploying capital for the right duration are key components of our ability to attract and retain industry-leading talent. Michael and David, in their new roles, will bring even more value to our companies and I am pleased to welcome Eric, Meghan and Carter to the PPC family."
About Michael L. Nelson
Michael Nelson joined Pritzker Private Capital in 2012 as Investment Partner – Manufactured Products and currently serves as Partner and Head of Manufactured Products and Services Investing. Prior to joining Pritzker Private Capital, Michael was a Managing Director at Wind Point Partners, a multi-billion dollar, middle-market private equity firm headquartered in Chicago. Michael led investments in specialty manufacturing and packaging and served on the boards of seven different portfolio companies during his 10 years with the firm. Prior to Wind Point, Michael was the Vice President of Finance for Esurg Corporation, a private equity-backed distributor of medical and pharmaceutical supplies. Michael also spent four years in investment banking with Vector Securities. Michael serves on the board of directors of the Chicago Jesuit Academy, a full-scholarship, lower and middle school for young men from modest economic backgrounds who could not otherwise access a well-resourced, faith-based college prep education. Michael received his B.B.A. in Finance and Accounting from the University of Michigan and an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School.
About David A. Gau
David Gau joined Pritzker Private Capital in 2014 as Operating Partner – Manufactured Products and currently serves as Partner and Head of Operations. David has a history of building and operating multi-national organizations, most recently as chief executive officer of Intersystems, a manufacturer of material handling equipment for agricultural and industrial applications. Prior to Intersystems, David served as executive vice president of global commercial operations and group president of Industrial Fluid Power for Gates Corp. Gates Corp. is a multi-billion manufacturer of advanced power transmission and fluid transfer solutions, with more than 14,000 employees across 106 locations in 30 countries. Prior to joining Gates Corp., David was president of Air System Components, a division of Tomkins. David is a graduate of the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
About Eric J. Kieras
Eric Kieras, Principal - Services, is based in Chicago and brings 15 years of experience in sourcing and overseeing investments in the logistics, test and measurement, packaging and niche manufacturing sectors to Pritzker Private Capital. He was previously Managing Director at JZ Partners, LLC, a middle-market investment firm, where he helped lead investment strategy and execution and served on the Boards of Directors of several of the firm's operating companies. Prior to joining JZ Partners, Eric worked as an investment banker for the plastics and packaging team at P&M Corporate Finance, a regional investment bank focused on middle-market M&A transactions. Eric received his B.B.A. from the University of Michigan Ross School of Business.
About Meghan M. Slentz
Meghan Slentz, Head of Partner Relations and Marketing, is based in Chicago and brings a decade of experience in developing and managing relations with investor partners and promoting marketplace awareness for the organizations she has served. Prior to joining Pritzker Private Capital, Meghan served as Director of Investor Relations at Waud Capital and as Manager of Investor Relations for Madison Dearborn Partners. Prior to Madison Dearborn Partners, she spent time in marketing and investor relations roles at Pantheon and at Credit Suisse's Private Fund Group. Meghan received her B.B.A. in Accountancy, cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame.
About Carter A. Cast
As a Senior Advisor to Pritzker Private Capital, Carter Cast counsels the firm's operating companies on matters related to e-commerce, marketing and talent development. Carter is currently an Operating Partner at Pritzker Group Venture Capital and, in 2011, he joined the faculty of Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, where he is a Clinical Professor teaching entrepreneurship and marketing. Carter played a leadership role in launching Walmart.com, where he also served as CEO, and has launched several e-commerce start-ups in his career, including Blue Nile and Netshops.com. Carter sits on the Boards of SMS Assist and Kellogg Company, and is a member of the advisory board of Northwestern University's Kellogg Innovation Network. Carter graduated from Stanford University and Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
About Pritzker Private Capital
Pritzker Private Capital partners with middle-market companies based in North America with leading positions in the manufactured products, services and healthcare sectors. The firm's differentiated, long-duration capital base allows for efficient decision-making, broad flexibility with transaction structure and investment horizon, and alignment with all stakeholders. Pritzker Private Capital builds businesses for the long term and is an ideal partner for entrepreneur- and family-owned companies. For more information, visit PPCPartners.com.