CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--24 Hour Fitness, celebrating more than 35 years as a fitness industry leader with a presence in 14 states and 24 major markets, is headed to the Windy City this year with the opening of its first clubs in Illinois. In an effort to transform lives through fitness, 24 Hour Fitness currently operates over 440 clubs with nearly four million members. Opening new clubs at a brisk rate of one every few weeks, the fitness leader will enter the Chicago market with four new Chicagoland clubs in 2020 with more to follow in 2021 and beyond.
The first club in Carol Stream will open in the first quarter, while the second club in Schaumburg will likely open in the second quarter. Both clubs will be providing an unmatched fitness experience. A team of talented fitness professionals will offer personalized health solutions, while creating a friendly, supportive community environment for members as they embrace their fitness journeys. The two additional 24 Hour Fitness® clubs slated to open later in the year, will be located in Oak Lawn and Algonquin, as 24 Hour Fitness expands its reach throughout the Chicago area.
In addition to premium cardio and strength training equipment, incomparable amenities, some of the best studio classes around and a professional team of experts dedicated to making each member’s experience unique, the 24GO® Personalized Fitness App and groundbreaking virtual tools will help members track their fitness progress both inside and outside of the club, making it easier to stay committed to wellness goals throughout the year.
“I’m thrilled to be entering this dynamic, fitness-focused market – at, what we believe, is the perfect time,” said Zach Gutenson, District Manager, 24 Hour Fitness. “We are positioned to alter the local fitness landscape by offering a personalized approach that concentrates on helping members reach their fitness goals in a welcoming community, celebrating every step along the way.”
24 Hour Fitness and its network of nationwide clubs, including the new Carol Stream and Schaumburg clubs, will not only offer members more choices, but will help them find what works best for them. Each member’s fitness journey starts with a free fitness assessment with a personal trainer and co-creation of a fitness plan—a “road map” to keep members on track during the first critical days of their fitness journey.
“Over the next several years we will be rolling out a robust growth plan that will encompass the greater Chicago area to position us as a dominant player in the Chicago fitness market. Our goal is to open several clubs each year which will bring hundreds of new jobs to the area and help thousands of residents stay fit,” said Karl Sanft, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, 24 Hour Fitness.
24 Hour Fitness has initial plans to hire 150+ employees in anticipation of new Chicago club staffing needs. To learn more about career opportunities in the market, visit careers.24hourfitness.com
A grand opening celebration is scheduled for the 24 Hour Fitness® Carol Stream (located at 560 S. Schmale Road, Carol Stream) on Saturday, March 7, from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., with a VIP Ribbon Cutting event on Thursday, March 5 for local community business leaders and elected officials. The 24 Hour Fitness® Schaumburg club (located at 141 N. Barrington Road, Schaumburg) will follow with its opening scheduled this Spring. The community is invited to these free celebrations, which include club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative GX24® studio classes and more.
Measuring approximately 37,000 square feet each, the new, modern clubs feature quality amenities, including:
- GX24® and cycle studios
- Popular classes such as Zumba®, BodyPump®, POP Pilates, and Barre workouts included with membership
- Hundreds of virtual classes available on demand, for times when you want to take a class on your own or with friends
- Personal and small group training programs, designed to elevate performance and motivation*
- Rows of cardio and strength machines, plus free weights for every level of fitness
- Dedicated zones for TRX® resistance training, core work, stretching, functional and sports-specific workouts
- Multi-functional Olympic Training rig, used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts for both high-intensity training and Olympic lifting
- Practice basketball court
- Indoor lap pool for swim workouts and aqua classes
- Whirlpool and sauna for relaxation and recovery
- Pro shop for convenient access to nutritional products and snacks
- Spacious locker rooms with private showers
*Additional fees apply
24 Hour Fitness offers a network of more than 440 locations nationwide, as well as signature content and programming including:
- 24GO® Personalized Fitness App, that takes the guesswork out of fitness with workouts in the gym, at home and on the go
- Fit:Perks® Rewards program, featuring exclusive sweepstakes, deals and VIP passes
- 24Life® digital magazine, packed with ideas and lifestyle advice from world-class experts and celebrities on how to think, eat, move and recover better
About 24 Hour Fitness
Celebrating over 35 years as an industry leader, 24 Hour Fitness transforms lives every day through fitness. Conveniently located clubs, furnished with a wide variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, are the perfect environment for fitness professionals to deliver dynamic personal and group training programs. GX24® and cycle rooms feature a popular array of live classes included with membership. A multitude of additional offerings engage and inspire every member to lead a full and healthy life both inside and outside of the club. Opening new clubs on average at the brisk pace of one every few weeks, 24 Hour Fitness is headquartered in San Ramon, CA and serves nearly 4 million members in over 440 clubs nationwide.
To learn more about us and to find the club nearest you, visit www.24hourfitness.com.