RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LookingGlass Cyber Solutions, a leader in intelligence-driven risk management, today announced the general availability of the LookingGlass Aeonik Security Fabric, a comprehensive, software-defined security architecture, purpose-built to meet the demands of today’s increasingly borderless and elastic network environments. A fundamentally new approach to cybersecurity, Aeonik is a next-generation intrusion detection and prevention system (IDPS) that illuminates all areas of the network to quickly identify, hunt, disrupt, and respond to adversary activities at the moment and point of attack.
The Aeonik Security Fabric evolved from years of tradecraft building custom hardware appliances focused on advanced packet processing in large scale networks. The solution combines network traffic analysis, behavior and signature-based detection, threat intelligence, and advanced mitigation - such as deception and redirection responses - into a highly-scalable framework delivering coordinated threat response at line rate. While current security involves piecing together multiple technologies that are difficult to integrate and add significant cost to effectively scale in a changing environment, Aeonik addresses these technical and operational challenges by efficiently enabling broader coverage throughout the network for complete and effective cyber defense.
“Customers are bound by legacy models that make it difficult to gain proper coverage at a price and performance point that enables total network visibility and defense. As digital borders dissolve and networks expand and contract dynamically, organizations are embracing a Zero Trust approach to both users and traffic, whether inside or outside the network,” said LookingGlass Cyber Solutions CEO Chris Coleman. “Aeonik is explicitly designed to provide visibility and in-line mitigation for evolving network topologies so businesses can continue to take advantage of innovations in connectivity while maintaining comprehensive visibility and threat response across the entire ecosystem.”
The Aeonik Security Fabric also offers powerful advanced threat response options to deliver security gains beyond simple blocking or quarantine, allowing security teams to control the adversary’s experience, gather intelligence, and shift the economics of cybercrime in favor of defenders.
Advantages of Aeonik’s agile framework include:
- Leverage open source community Aeonik incorporates Zeek IDS capabilities enabling prevention and mitigation actions, not previously available for Zeek.
- Ease of integration through interoperability Aeonik embraces open standards including Structured Threat Information eXpression (STIX) 2.1, OpenFlow, Common Event Format (CEF) and Log Event Extended Format (LEEF) to further enable current and future security investments.
- In-line threat detections and mitigation Aeonik combines and correlates information from across the network in real-time to enable both passive detection and automated response for seamless threat protection.
- Simplified stack Aeonik can offload processing from perimeter devices and other sensors to a distributed layer, while cost-effectively gaining better coverage and enabling threat response across the network.
- Cost-effective scalability Aeonik scales horizontally, meaning costs are based on total throughput protected rather than hardware units, interface speeds, or number of locations. Organizations can deploy sensing and response capabilities wherever they are needed without a penalty for redundancy.
“The typical enterprise CISO often manages a cybersecurity Rube Goldberg machine consisting of numerous point solutions from disparate vendors, each of which addresses one piece of the overall problem,” added Eric Olson, Senior Vice President of Product Management. “We believe these types of capabilities shouldn’t be distinct products, and we built Aeonik with that in mind. Aeonik integrates each of these capabilities, and more, into a fabric that can reduce the cost and complexity of the security stack, while providing interoperability through existing and emerging standards.”
The Aeonik Security Fabric is now generally available to be delivered via LookingGlass. For more information or to schedule a demo, please visit: [https://www.lookingglasscyber.com/products/automated-threat-response/aeonik-security-fabric/].
LookingGlass Cyber Solutions delivers unified threat protection against sophisticated cyber attacks to global enterprises and government agencies by operationalizing threat intelligence across its end-to-end portfolio. Scalable threat intelligence platforms and network-based threat response products consume our machine-readable data feeds to provide comprehensive threat-driven security. Augmenting the solutions portfolio is a worldwide team of security analysts who continuously enrich our data feeds and provide customers unprecedented understanding and response capability into cyber, physical and 3rd party risks. Prioritized, relevant and timely insights enable customers to take action on threat intelligence across the different stages of the attack life cycle. Learn more at https://www.lookingglasscyber.com.