DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Top Trends in Chocolate, Confectionery, and Desserts 2019" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report outlines the key consumer and innovation trends currently impacting the chocolate, confectionery, and desserts sector. Trends include sugar reduction, free-from products, new textures, and novelty flavors.
Concerns around sugar and artificial ingredients, alongside general boredom and a growing need for indulgence, are driving consumers away from carbonates and juices, towards healthier choices such as bottled water, RTD coffee and tea, and functional options (e.g. energy).
As sugar taxation becomes more prevalent globally, pressure continues to mount on manufacturers to develop healthy yet exciting drinks to reignite the category and re-engage with consumers. This report identifies several key trends and opportunities to help overcome these challenges.
- Bulk ice cream brands' exploration of the free-from consumer trend has made them more attractive to shoppers with health concerns, and this market is hence expected to soar in value and volume in the next five years.
- Although it is a smaller market, sugar-free confectionery brands have aligned themselves well with the consumer need for natural flavors, boosting their sales value and volume.
- Brands have delved into premiumizing chocolate and diversifying its flavors, which explains the predicted the gradual increase in market growth.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify the reasons underpinning consumers' orientation towards specific dairy products.
- Gain insight into the key consumer trends that are most likely to be a driver for innovation.
- Put innovative products into context by connecting them to specific consumer trends and preferences.
Key Topics Covered
2. Consumer Trends: What Behaviors are Influencing Demand for Chocolate, Confectionery and Desserts
3. Innovation Trends: How Brands are Responding to Evolving Consumer Needs
- Sugar Reduction
- Photo-friendly treats
- Free-from products
- Exploring new Textures
- Novelty flavors
4. Looking Ahead: Future Innovation Opportunities in Chocolate, Confectionery and Desserts
- Snow City
- Kit Kat
- Mo and Moshi
- New York Stax
- Hotel Chocolat
- Tic Tax
- Sweeting Card
- Cadbury Boost
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6bsak