- Oversubscribed round led by Ravi Mhatre of Lightspeed Venture Partners and industry pioneers behind Symantec, Palo Alto Networks, and ServiceNow
- Founded by key engineers from Oracle, Juniper, LinkedIn, and Rubrik
- Confluera Real-time Attack Interception and Defense is the industry’s first platform to deterministically identify and stop ongoing complex, multi-stage attacks
Confluera Inc., the real-time cybersecurity company, today announced $9 million in Series A led by Lightspeed’s Founder & Managing Partner Ravi Mhatre with significant participation by John W. Thompson, former CEO of Symantec and Chairman of Microsoft; Frank Slootman, former CEO of ServiceNow; and Lane Bess, former CEO of Palo Alto Networks.
Industry analyst firm Gartner estimates worldwide information security spending to exceed $124 billion in 2019 largely driven by security and risk management needs of digital business initiatives. Still, businesses around the world struggle to detect and stop ever-increasing advanced, multi-stage cyberattacks. Current solutions have failed to prevent attackers from navigating through the enterprise infrastructure. This has led to more frequent and devastating data breaches, reputational damage and regulatory action for businesses, while adversaries roam freely through their critical infrastructure.
“The cybersecurity industry is broken. The industry has focused on a plethora of point solutions that fail to address modern cyberattacks. We have created a unique platform to deterministically intercept and stop cyberattacks in real time,” said Confluera Co-Founder & CEO Abhijit Ghosh. “We aim to help enterprises around the world manage security risks across their infrastructure.”
“Confluera is uniquely positioned to revolutionize how brands protect themselves and their customers from modern cyberattacks,” said Ravi Mhatre, Founder of Lightspeed Ventures. “This funding round will enable Confluera to accelerate its growth and bring to market a cybersecurity product that is unmatched in its ingenuity and effectiveness.”
The Confluera founding team has an unrivaled track record of building revolutionary, long-lasting technologies.
- Abhijit Ghosh, Co-founder and CEO – Engineering Leader Juniper Networks, Azanda Networks, and Siemens;
- Niloy Mukherjee, Co-founder and Chief Architect – Lead Architect Oracle In-Memory Database and LinkedIn Distributed Data Systems;
- Bipul Sinha, Co-founder and Chairman – Co-Founder & CEO Rubrik, Founding investor/Board Member Nutanix, and engineering at Oracle.
“The caliber of the Confluera team speaks to the confidence we have in their innovative and market-disrupting approach to cybersecurity,” said John W. Thompson, Chairman of Microsoft. “The fact that the Confluera platform can help identify and engage with the attackers in real time, is the first step towards winning the cyber warfare.”
Confluera’s mission is to redefine the security paradigm by introducing real-time interception and response capabilities to deal with modern cyberattacks. Confluera aims to turn security analysts into cyber defenders by enabling them to stop breaches in real time. Confluera is Co-Founded by Abhijit Ghosh, Niloy Mukherjee, and Bipul Sinha. Ghosh has a background in networking, security and real-time systems, Mukherjee’s background is in distributed computing, operational analytics, and artificial intelligence, and Sinha is the Co-Founder & CEO of Rubrik. For more information, please visit confluera.com.