TORONTO & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Klick Health today published “Cookies Crumble as Privacy Rises,” an industry POV on upcoming changes to the ways marketers will be able to target, track, and engage with consumers online. The perspective was written in anticipation of the looming California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), pending legislation in other states, and privacy-oriented changes to web browsers.
The report highlights that life sciences will be affected more than companies in other industries by the regulatory changes surrounding CRM programs, list rentals, and other established marketing tactics for several reasons:
- Current or pending privacy legislation in California and New York alone is poised to impact almost 20% of active healthcare professionals in the U.S.
- Klick estimates that life science brand websites receive over 45% traffic from the Safari web browser (where 3rd party cookies are blocked by default) versus the U.S. average of slightly over 30%.
- Producing a statistically significant data read on both diagnosed and treating audiences will become more difficult and will take more time for program evaluation and optimization – which will prove especially challenging for rare disease programs targeting less than 0.1% of the U.S. population.
“As we prioritize consumer privacy and people take more control of their data, marketers need to address consent management and the examine the extent to which 3rd party and cookie-based audience strategies are used to define media activations,” says Kamran Shah, Executive Vice President, Technology and Media, Klick Health.
To help life sciences marketers adapt and prepare for the changes that lay ahead, the Klick POV points to a number of key tips for media targeting, including:
- Continuing to leverage 3rd party prescription-informed data models and enhancing them with additional proxy and correlation measures; and
- Using SEM-informed keyword contextual targeting, which leverages only 1st party cookies.
The “Cookies Crumble as Privacy Rises” POV can be downloaded at www.klick.com/privacy-and-cookies.
About Klick Health
Klick Health is the world's largest independent, full-service marketing and commercialization agency for life sciences. By relentlessly conspiring with the future, Klick helps its clients outsmart and outpace disease so people can live richer, longer lives. Klick has been named Agency of the Year six times over the last seven years by the industry’s leading publications and was recognized by the 2018 Cannes Lions Health Awards for its client campaigns. Follow Klick Health on Twitter at @KlickHealth.
About Klick Inc.
Klick operates with a fiercely independent spirit at the intersection of technology, creativity, and strategy. The Klick family is a diverse group of people who are driven and connected by a shared culture and commitment to the relentless pursuit of awesome at Klick Health, Katalyst, and Sensei Labs. Established in 1997, Klick has teams in Atlanta, Connecticut, Chicago, Los Angeles, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto. Klick has been consistently recognized as a leading Great Place to Work, Best Workplace for Women, Best Employer, Employee-Recommended Workplace, Fastest Growing Technology Company, and Best Managed Company. For more information on joining Klick, go to http://careers.klick.com.