LEHI, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Canopy, the leading cloud-based practice management platform for tax and accounting professionals, today announced the general availability of Tax Prep, the only fully integrated, modern tax prep solution for accountants released in over a decade.
“With Tax Prep, Canopy now offers the first comprehensive platform for tax professionals that seamlessly integrates Tax Preparation, Tax Resolution and Practice Management software all in one - a substantial step forward for the accounting industry since no holistic solution was previously available,” said Kurt Avarell, CEO and Founder at Canopy. “Over the past many months of beta testing, we have refined Tax Prep to respond to the precise needs of accounting firms across the country today. We integrated feedback from customers as well as the company’s internal accounting professionals, which make up a large percentage of our workforce.”
Canopy Tax Prep’s notable functionality includes:
- Automate information gathering and document storage with bank-level security.
- All forms and schedules are grouped into natural, user-friendly categories. With simple navigation, users can answer all contextually related questions at the same time, no matter which federal or state forms they are in.
- Review returns easily in tax form layout with the ability to switch between each section, search for specific forms, or scroll through the entire return.
- Run diagnostics to catch errors before filing.
- Share tax returns for client review through a client portal.
- Gather electronic signatures for federal and state e-file authorization forms.
- Automate bank account detail collection for secure payments and refunds.
- Electronically file state and federal returns and extensions with convenience and ease.
As with all of Canopy’s solutions, Tax Prep is a cloud-based, secure software, enabling professionals to access client data anytime, anywhere.
The software is currently available to file individual tax returns in 24 states. For the 2019 tax year, Canopy will introduce forms 1065, 1120, 1120S, and 1041, fully supporting individual and business returns in 8 states.
For more information on supported individual and business returns visit, https://www.canopytax.com/tax-prep.
Canopy is a cloud-based accounting practice management, tax resolution and preparation software. The modern, easy-to-use software cuts out tax practice busywork, improves the client experience, and brings all the different tools a practitioner needs under one roof. Canopy was founded by Kurt Avarell, who walked away from his career as a Wall Street tax attorney to launch Canopy from his basement in 2014.
Learn more at www.canopytax.com and @CanopyTax.