SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On the heels of securing a $15 million Series A funding round, The Riveter, a coworking and community membership network focused on women and work, today announced it will expand to five new cities. In addition to opening The Riveter Austin in early March (announced last week), the company will launch in Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Portland, OR, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN, and Atlanta, GA by mid-2019. With these locations, the fast-growing company will have 11 spaces in eight cities before its second anniversary, far outpacing the early growth of some of the biggest brands in the category. More locations will be announced soon.
"The Series A investment that we received allows us to take The Riveter to communities where we've seen a huge demand from female entrepreneurs starting companies large and small. Each of these cities has a vibrant startup scene, incredible female leadership across all segments, and a thriving business landscape that is pushing our country’s economy forward,” said Amy Nelson, founder and CEO of The Riveter. “We've heard from women and others from across the U.S. about where they’d like to see The Riveter build community. Frankly, we can't build fast enough.”
The Riveter - the first all-gendered national coworking and community space helmed by women - is committed to providing access to resources, programming and experts to help women and others in business accelerate their companies and careers. With more than 2,000 members and thousands of attendees of marquee events with thought leaders and visionaries including Maria Shriver, Ijeoma Oluo, Jane Fonda, Sheryl Sandberg, Backstage Capital Founder Arlan Hamilton, and former Starbucks Executive Chairman and CEO Howard Schultz, The Riveter has worked toward its vision that equity of opportunity in work becomes a reality, not merely a promise. The company’s mission and movement has garnered coverage in InStyle, Fast Company, TechCrunch, and Inc. Magazine, and Nelson’s thought leadership about women and work in Forbes and The Washington Post has reached a wide national audience.
Each location in these upcoming cities will be modeled on the company’s motto “Built by Women, for Everyone.” The Riveter is open to all, but intentionally designed to support women and their work via robust programming, amenities and discounts on childcare, health and wellness services, and more. National partnerships, including Microsoft for Startups and Alaska Airlines (with more to be announced), provide unique member benefits, best-in-class personal and professional development programs with industry leader experts, and business connection events including office hours with venture capital funders, startup leaders, and financial experts.
The Riveter chose each city for its unique business environment, growing startup landscape, and engaged community:
- The Riveter Dallas will be the company’s second location in Texas. Dallas is a center of economic growth in the state and across the country, thanks to its blend of startups, small businesses and multinational companies.
- The Riveter Denver will serve one of the most enterprising and innovative cities in the U.S., home to more than 700 startups in the metro area and women in leadership who are blazing trails in both politics and business.
- Portland writes its own rules and charts its own path. Strong partnerships with female-founded brands and the creative community are a driving force behind building The Riveter Portland.
- Home to over 15 Fortune 500 companies and a focus on women in leadership at all levels, The Riveter Minneapolis-St. Paul will be a hub for female founders and those seeking equity in work to take their businesses to new heights.
- Atlanta is home to companies and people who have shaped American culture, as well as a vibrant startup community. The Riveter Atlanta will build on that strong legacy as a rallying point for the diverse voices in the city.
Anyone interested in having first access to announcements about the each of these locations can visit theriveter.co/expansion to learn more and sign up for The Riveter’s waitlist.
ABOUT THE RIVETER
The Riveter is a national network of community and coworking spaces built by women, for everyone. Through its best-in-class professional and personal development programming, robust membership, and collaborative workspaces, The Riveter is working to elevate the conversation and progress around gender equity in work and business. Launched in May 2017 in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, The Riveter has grown to include five locations in Seattle, WA, and Los Angeles, CA, with locations planned for Austin and Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Minneapolis - St. Paul, MN, Portland, OR, and Atlanta, GA by mid-2019 (with more to be announced). This expansion is spurred by The Riveter’s recent announcement of a $15 million Series A funding round in December 2018. The Riveter’s mission to redefine the future of work has been featured in The Washington Post, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Quartz, Bloomberg Technology, and more. For more information, visit www.theriveter.co.