HONG KONG--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Global leader in commerce-enabling technology First Data (NYSE: FDC) and Hong Kong-based pioneer in mobile banking China CITIC Bank International Limited (CNCBI), announce a partnership with the launch of a comprehensive range of merchant acquiring solutions including point of sale terminals, eCommerce solutions and other value-added services in Hong Kong.
Through this partnership, CNCBI clients will have access to a full range of flexible payment acceptance methods in-store, on mobile devices, and online. Clients with physical stores, for instance, can take advantage of First Data’s latest all-in-one point of sale terminals which accept all major payment types in Hong Kong, while they can also ride on First Data’s global eCommerce solutions to facilitate the convenience of payment via card, mobile wallet or e-wallet, online and offline.
The partnership with First Data provides CNCBI clients with more channels to accept payments and inject funds directly into their CNCBI Business NOW account with a shorter settlement time. “Clients can manage their operating cash in a single account, enjoy preferential deposit interest rates and gain better visibility and control over their working capital,” said Ronald Iu, Executive General Manager, Assets & Liabilities and Customer Strategy, Personal and Business Banking, CNCBI.
“As First Data continues to invest in best-in-class technology, CNCBI clients will benefit from the flexible, robust and secure merchant solutions enabled by First Data in Hong Kong and as they expand their operations globally,” said Ivo Distelbrink, Executive Vice President, Head of APAC, First Data.
First Data’s global scale supports the growth of CNCBI’s clients, providing scope to develop collaborative solutions that leverage an integrated coverage model on the back of a consistent technology platform and standardised integration and processing across markets, generating an appealing proposition for medium-sized and large business banking clients seeking improved operating efficiency with the assistance from a single-source provider.
About China CITIC Bank International Limited
China CITIC Bank International Limited (CNCBI) is 75%-owned by CITIC International Financial Holdings Limited, which in turn is a wholly-owned subsidiary of China CITIC Bank Corporation Limited. The remaining 25% of CNCBI are owned by Tian Yuan Trading Limited, Hong Kong Guansheng Investment Co., Limited, Anxin Trust Co., Limited, Clear Option Limited and Elegant Prime Limited.
By providing value-creating financial solutions to define and exceed both wealth management and international business objectives of Greater China and overseas customers, CNCBI aspires to be “the best overseas integrated financial services institution”, with the highest international standards and capabilities.
CNCBI’s footprint in Greater China includes 32 branches in Hong Kong, as well as branches and presence in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Macau. CNCBI also has overseas branches in New York, Los Angeles and Singapore. More information about CNCBI can be found on its website at www.cncbinternational.com.
About First Data
First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately 6 million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. For more information, visit www.firstdata.com and follow us on Twitter at @FirstData and LinkedIn.