REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION – 2018 marks the 40th anniversary of the game studio SNK. To celebrate this milestone, a variety of classic arcade games from SNK’s golden age are coming back together in one anthology on the Nintendo Switch system. SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION is packed full of retro games and a treasure trove of features. The SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION game will be available Nov. 13.
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch): Enjoy the cult classic arcade rhythm game from Japan in the comfort of your own home. Play to the beat of your own drum with a wide variety of new songs, and challenge your friends to prove who has the best taiko skills. Unlock beloved characters to help you on your journey to become a legendary taiko drummer.
- Crashlands – You play as Flux Dabes, a galactic delivery truck driver whose latest shipment gets interrupted by a megalomaniacal alien named “Hewgodooko” who tears her ship to pieces looking for useful tech. Crashlanded on Woanope, you must fight, tame, craft, quest, bossfight and adventure your way to domination of all the things so that you and JuiceBox, your trusty sidekick/supervisor/robotic cargo palette, can send a message to the Bureau of Shipping and get those packages delivered.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Pre-Purchase + Double
Gold Points + Piranha Plant + DLC
- Double Gold Points for Digital Pre-Purchases – The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game for the Nintendo Switch system launches Dec. 7 with a huge roster of fighters, stages, items and modes for fans to dive into. For those who want to be ready to play as soon as it’s released, pre-purchase is available – along with a My Nintendo Gold Points offer. Members will get a bonus of 300 Gold Points* when pre-purchasing the standard digital version from Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com (where available). They get even more bonus Gold Points when they add the Fighters Pass. This offer ends at 8:59 p.m. PT on Dec. 6.
- Get Piranha Plant in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Purchase the digital version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or register your physical game card with My Nintendo by 11:59 p.m. PT on Jan. 31, 2019, and receive a download code** for the Piranha Plant playable fighter. Get the details at https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/#piranha-plant.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass – Get access to five DLC packs with the Fighters Pass. Each DLC pack will be released separately – and includes one new fighter, one new stage and additional music tracks. Fighters Pass purchasers also get a special in-game costume (this downloadable costume will be available starting Dec. 7). Each DLC pack will also be available for individual purchase. Each DLC pack available with the Fighters Pass will be released by February 2020 – check back at https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/dlc for exact timing and more details. Full version of game required to use DLC.
Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online: Three games
are coming to the service*** on Nov. 14, including:
- Metroid – The first installment of the Metroid series introduces us to the hideous title creatures and the slick, cybernetic bounty hunter Samus Aran. As Samus, your mission is to penetrate the space pirates’ home planet, Zebes, and keep them from destroying the galaxy with the dangerous life-forms known as Metroids. With its deep and complex gameplay, excellent music and a rare sense of setting, Metroid establishes a frightening ambience that will haunt and entertain you for a very long time.
- Mighty Bomb Jack – The hero of the game, Jack, must make his way through 16 levels of a pyramid in order to defeat the demon Belzebut and rescue the royal Pamera family. Each level is split into two parts: an action zone and a Royal Palace room. Action zones can be split up into several portions and contain power-ups, such as money bags, Mighty Coins and Mighty Drinks, usually hidden in treasure chests.
- TwinBee – A hit sensation back in the day, this vertical-scrolling arcade game made its 1986 release on the Famicom in Japan. Guide the spacecrafts, TwinBee and WinBee, as you dodge and destroy waves of aerial and ground enemies to save the island from a ruthless conqueror. Some of the unusual enemies you’ll encounter include kitchen knives, bamboo shoots and octopi, but these spacecrafts have more than enough firepower to blast them out of the sky.
- YouTube – Kick back and relax with YouTube on your Nintendo Switch system. Enjoy entertainment like music videos and shows, plus gaming livestreams, how-tos and much more. Explore a world of videos with recommendations and easy access to your channel subscriptions. So grab your friends, family and your Nintendo Switch controller, and enjoy YouTube together.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
My Nintendo Holiday Sweepstakes – Between 9 a.m. PT on
Nov. 12 and 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 20, be sure to enter the Nintendo
Holiday Sweepstakes, exclusively for My Nintendo members. Choose your
five most-wanted gifts from select products included in the Nintendo
Holiday Gift Guide for a chance to win a prize pack that’ll make your
holidays bright. Head to the Nintendo
Holiday Gift Guide to get started.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the US (incl. DC) and Canada (excluding Quebec), 13 years or older. Sweepstakes begins 9:00 AM PT on 11/12/18 and ends 8:59 AM PT on 11/20/18. To enter, log into your Nintendo Account on and vote for your top 5 choices from select products at happyholidays.nintendo.com/sweepstakes/as stated in Official Rules. Four winners will each receive one prize package (ARV US $415.95–699.93 each). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries. Details and restrictions apply; visit happyholidays.nintendo.com/sweepstakes/rules for Official Rules. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
- Happy One-Year Anniversary, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp! – My Nintendo is celebrating the one-year anniversary for the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp smartphone game with rewards. Redeem your My Nintendo Platinum Points points**** at http://my.nintendo.com and get Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp in-game rewards or printable Thanksgiving greeting cards for friends and family. For more information, visit https://my.nintendo.com/news/85e2f729d6033aff.
Also new this week:
- ACA NEOGEO PLEASURE GOAL: 5 ON 5 MINI SOCCER (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Astebreed (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Battlezone Gold Edition (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Chalk Dash Carnival (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch) – Available Nov. 14
- Collidalot (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Elemental Knights R (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Forgotton Anne (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Grim Fandango Remastered (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Break Thru (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Night Slashers (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- MechaNika (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- My Riding Stables - Life with Horses (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch) – Available Nov. 13
- Noir Chronicles: City of Crime (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Operation Pig (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Palm Reading Premium (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch) – Available Nov. 14
- Picture Painting Puzzle 1000! (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch) – Available Nov. 13
- Rage in Peace (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Road Redemption (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Roarr! Jurassic Edition (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Saboteur! (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Shadow of the Loot Box (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Sky Force Anniversary (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Solitaire (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Syberia 1 & 2 (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- The Bug Butcher (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- The Walking Vegetables: Radical Edition (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Timber Tennis: Versus (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Townsmen (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Varion (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch)
- Breakout Defense 2 (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
*Bonus points will be issued on the game’s launch day, are earned based on the original list price of the game or game + Fighters Pass on Nintendo eShop, and will vary by country and currency. A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.
**A software update may be required to receive the downloadable content. Download code expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2019. Full version of game required to use DLC.
***Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required. Not available in all countries. For the latest list of countries, please visit Customer Support. Internet access required for online features. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply.
****A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem My Nintendo Points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.