As the world's largest producer of human vaccines, China has established a full-life-cycle regulatory system covering vaccine R&D, production, distribution, and vaccination.
The lot release volume of human vaccines has remained at around 650 million doses over the past three years. China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) approved the launch of 9-valent human papillomavirus vaccine (saccharomyces cerevisiae) and oral 5-valent reassortant rotavirus attenuated live vaccine (Vero cell) in the first half of 2018. The National Institutes for Food and Drug Control, Hubei Institute for Food and Drug Control, and Shanghai Institute for Food and Drug Control approved supply of 434.1 million doses (44 kinds of vaccines) to the market from January to September 2018.
With annual capacity of over one billion doses, more than forty vaccine manufacturers in China are capable of producing 63 kinds of vaccines for prevention of 34 sorts of infectious diseases.
In recent years, Chinese vaccine companies have spared no efforts in research and development to sharpen competitiveness. As yet, not a Chinese enterprise can produce HPV vaccines and 13-valent pneumonia vaccines, but local companies including Walvax Biotechnology and Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products are developing such vaccines which are expected to be available soon.
With the implementation of two-child policy, the aging of population and the launch of new-type vaccines, China's human vaccine industry will grow steadily in future, with the expected market size of RMB35.2 billion by 2022. Meanwhile, vaccine companies with richer capital and stronger R&D strength will give play to technological superiorities and scale effect, and raise their market share through capital operation and other means. In this sense, China's vaccine industry tends to feature higher and higher concentration.
- Human Vaccine Industry is Increasingly Concentrated
- Two-child Policy is in Favor of Human Vaccine Industry Growth
- Faster Aging of Population Boosts Human Vaccine Industry
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine Market is Promising
- Homemade 13-valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine is Likely to be Launched
- Local Companies Invest More Heavily in Research and Development of Vaccine Products Which are Becoming More Various
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Vaccine Industry
2. China Human Vaccine Industry
3. Human Vaccine Market Segments in China
4. Major Human Vaccine Manufacturers in China
5 Summary and Forecast
- Beijing Minhai Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- CanSino Biologics Inc.
- Changchun BCHT Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
- Changchun Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Changsheng Bio-Technology Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Kanghua Biological Products Co.,Ltd.
- China National Biotech Group
- Chongqing Zhifei Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Convac Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Aleph Biomedical Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Hissen Bio-Pharm Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Nuocheng Biological Products
- Hualan Biological Engineering Inc.
- Lanzhou Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Liaoning Cheng Da Co., Ltd.
- NCPC GeneTech Biotechnology Development Co., Ltd.
- National Vaccine and Serum Institute
- Olymvax Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
- Shanghai Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Sanofi Pasteur Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Sinovac Biotech Ltd.
- Walvax Biotechnology Co, Ltd.
- Wuhan Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen Innovax Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Tianyuan Bio-Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8kh7k3/china_human?w=4