LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MapleStory 2, the all new MMORPG from the MapleStory franchise with over 14 million players around the world, is available globally today via Nexon Launcher and Steam. The game provides a robust set of character options, an innovative progression and growth system, and world-building tools, redefining the MMORPG genre by giving players the ability to customize everything.
Coming over from the beta and Head Start, the game includes the classes of Archer, Assassin, Berserker, Heavy Gunner, Knight, Priest, Thief, Wizard, and is also introducing its impressive new Runeblade class. This new class is a magical swordsman that infuses his swords with the elements for ultimate power and uses a special 2-handed bladed weapon that uses up both weapon slots.
For the official launch, MapleStory 2 delivers incredible content updates that have improved gameplay quality such as:
- Lv. cap increase from 50 to 60
- The gorgeous Karkar Island
- Lv. 51 – 60 fields in Maple World / Land of Darkness
- 8 Normal Adventure Dungeons
- 4 Hard Adventure Dungeons
- 2 Sets of Epic Gear
MapleStory 2 has limited time launch events including a Daily Reward Event running from October 10 to November 8. By logging in daily, players will receive rewards including Maple Coins, Cosmetics Vouchers, Elixirs, and more.
In the game you can:
- Claim Your Destiny as an Epic Hero - Players will find colorful 3D landscapes to explore, loads of new and familiar enemies to vanquish, and exciting bosses to battle.
- Build Your Dream World - MapleStory 2 redefines the role-playing game genre with a complete commitment to creativity, arming players with a robust set of character and world-building tools that allow them to express themselves unlike ever before.
- Explore a New Dimension of MapleStory - Maplers can enter a whole new dimension of Maple World and encounter vivid 3D landscapes, a multitude of special events, exciting minigames, and enemies both familiar and completely original.
From October 10 through October 21, players can also receive a Mint Body Pillow by following MapleStory 2 on Twitter or Facebook and retweeting or sharing the Official Launch Gameplay video. Forty winners will be selected.
Also, from October 18 through November 8, MapleStory 2 will host various Halloween events, themed dungeons, and fun quests. Players who defeat the Halloween Messenger can collect Pumpkin Coins and exchange for special Halloween themed items. Lv. 10+ characters, can also obtain a “Pumpky Nest” item in their house by completing quests for furnishing items. Players can claim rewards including the Bouncy Pumpky Mount, Little Pumpky Pet, and Perched Pumpky.
To learn more about MapleStory 2, please visit http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en.
Assets: MapleStory 2
About MapleStory 2 http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en
Set in a colorful 3D block universe, MapleStory 2 is one of the most creative and customizable MMORPGs available on the market today. MapleStory 2 implements a robust set of character options, a brand new progression and growth system, and world-building tools, redefining the MMORPG genre by giving players the ability to customize everything.
About Nexon America Inc. http://www.nexon.net
Nexon America, a subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), is a global leader in online games, with more than 100 live games operated across more than 190 countries. Nexon pioneered micro-transactions and the free-to-play business model, and is widely credited with unmatched global expertise in sophisticated live game operations, nurturing player communities, and for sustaining titles for years, even decades. Founded in Korea in 1994, the company is now headquartered in Japan and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. In 2017, Nexon was placed on the Nikkei Stock Index 300.