WILMINGTON, Del.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Chase Card Services (NYSE:JPM) and Expedia Group announce a strategic alliance that will enhance the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel hub with more choices, new capabilities and even more redemption flexibility. Chase cardmembers will have access to an enhanced Ultimate Rewards travel booking experience featuring Expedia Group’s industry leading network of flights, hotels, vacation rentals, car rentals, as well as more than 25,000 experiences and activities. The enhanced experience is currently available to Chase Freedom® and Freedom Unlimited cardmembers, and will be introduced to Chase Sapphire® and Ink cardmembers over the next few months.
“Our cardmembers are searching, booking and redeeming for travel in Ultimate Rewards more than ever, and together with Expedia Group we are taking the experience to the next level,” said Lorraine Hansen, Head of Ultimate Rewards and Loyalty Solutions at Chase. “Whether on desktop or mobile, we are providing simpler and smarter booking tools with over a million options to search, delivering even more value and flexibility to Ultimate Rewards cardmembers.”
Within the new Ultimate Rewards travel experience, powered by Expedia Partner Solutions, eligible Chase cardmembers will have access to:
- Expedia Group’s best in class travel inventory: Ability to search and redeem for travel across 272,000 lodging options around the world, more than 250 airlines and dozens of car rental options.
- Opportunities to experience even more: Search and book more than 25,000 activities and tours, attractions, nightlife and more.
- Special Seasonal Discounts: Access to special discounts and seasonal offers from thousands of hotels and activities.
- Enhanced customer experience: Improved self-service options to cancel a hotel or car rental booking online. Plus, Ultimate Rewards travel within the Chase mobile app, will be backed by Expedia Group’s leading technology.
- Increased flight fare and seat selection transparency: Total trip cost will be displayed at check-out, making it easy to see the points and cash needed to redeem for travel. Plus, more flight search options by class and opportunities to upgrade throughout the booking process, as well as integrated seat review content powered by SeatGuru.
- 24/7 Customer support: Enhanced self-help portal for basic travel questions, and always-on phone customer support.
More enhancements will be introduced over the next several months.
“Expedia Group has the unique ability to take any person from anywhere through an array of travel products and we are excited to wire up the Chase Ultimate Rewards platform with the technology that makes that happen, so they can pass this on to their travel loving customers,” said Ariane Gorin, President, Expedia Partner Solutions brand. “The flexibility of the Expedia Partner Solutions technology offering opens the door to the widest selection of travel products for customers, so they can redeem their points for travel in an easy to use, modern online travel marketplace.”
Cardmembers will continue to access Ultimate Rewards by logging in on desktop or mobile, and have the same flexibility to redeem for travel with points, using their Chase credit card, or a combination of both.
Chase Ultimate Rewards is the loyalty and rewards platform for Chase Freedom, Sapphire and Ink cardmembers. In addition to redeeming for travel, cardmembers have options to redeem for experiences, gift cards, cash back, paying with points for a statement credit, and more.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group is the world's travel platform. We help knock down the barriers to travel, making it easier, more enjoyable, more attainable and more accessible. We are here to bring the world within reach for customers and partners around the globe. We leverage our platform and technology capabilities across an extensive portfolio of businesses and brands to orchestrate the movement of people and the delivery of travel experiences on both a local and global basis. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
© 2018 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,100 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to www.chase.com