The global wound care market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5.9% over an eight-year period to reach a value of $21.79 billion by FY 2022.
The products available in the market for global wound care are designed to treat mostly complex wounds. Surgical wound care products are used to heal the surgical wounds, mainly the infectious ones contracted in the hospital. The advanced wound care products are used to treat both acute and chronic wounds.
The average incidence of chronic wounds is 0.78% of the population with the prevalence range being 0.18% to 0.32%. Region-wise, North America constitutes the highest share of the wound healing products market worldwide.
There are various divisions within the wound care market, but the advanced wound care market is the fastest-growing segment globally. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% between FY 2017 and FY 2022.
Key growth factors
- The wound care market is predicted to witness a high growth rate owing to the rise in the geriatric population, surge in lifestyle diseases, advancement of new technology, developments in the wound care research area for advanced wound care products and the rising awareness about these products among consumers.
- Factors such as a rise in disposable income, better access to improved healthcare and an increasing awareness about affordable advanced wound therapies are expected to support the growth of advanced wound dressing market globally. Additionally, by the end user division, home healthcare is the fastest growing segment due to the significant rise in the aged population.
Some of the major players in the wound care industry are Smith & Nephew, Acelity L.P. Inc., Mölnlycke Health Care AB, 3M, ConvaTec Group Plc, Coloplast Group, etc.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Executive Summary
Chapter 2: Introduction - Wound Care Market
Chapter 3: Wound Care Market Overview
Chapter 4: Regional Overview
Chapter 5: Segmentation Overview-By Type
Chapter 6: Segmentation Overview-By Application
Chapter 7: Segmentation Overview-By End User
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
Chapter 9: Conclusion
Chapter 10: Appendix
- Acelity L.P. Inc.
- Baxter International Inc.
- Coloplast Group
- ConvaTec Group Plc
- Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd.
- Medtronic Public Limited Company
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB
- Smith & Nephew
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zk2jhv/global_wound_care?w=4