WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Twenty-nine real estate industry organizations, representing more than 10 million jobs, announced a ground-breaking collaboration to highlight the diverse career paths within the real estate sector.
The first initiative of this collaboration is a new website entitled Careers Building Communities (www.CareersBuildingCommunities.org), which allows visitors to navigate through the scores of career paths across all sectors of real estate. For the first time, students in high school, college, technical programs and community colleges can explore possible career pathways within real estate by taking an interactive quiz and discover career opportunities.
As the industry seeks to fill millions of jobs, this site serves as an all-inclusive resource for students, educators, career changers and other stakeholders to explore the unlimited opportunities in the field of real estate.
“Many, if not most, of us who work in real estate ‘happened into it’, but once there, few ever leave. I congratulate my peers in the participating trade groups for collaborating in such a meaningful way. Our talent pipeline is vitally important to us, and we hope that ‘Careers Building Communities’ will help steer more people to our dynamic industry,” said Doug Bibby, President and CEO, National Multifamily Housing Council.
About Careers Building Communities
Careers Building Communities is a strategic collaboration of 29 real estate-related organizations focused on raising awareness and attracting diverse talent to the many careers available across the built environment. CareersBuildingCommunities.org is a platform designed for students, educators and other individuals to explore each industry sector and learn more about education and employment opportunities. Learn more at www.CareersBuildingCommunities.org.
Careers Building Communities 29 Collaborating Organizations:
- American Institute of Architects
- American Resort Development Association
- American Society of Interior Designers
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- The Appraisal Institute
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
- Associated General Contractors
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate
- BOMI International: Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International
- CCIM Institute
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Specifications Institute
- CoreNet Global
- Counselors of Real Estate
- CREW Network
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- International Facility Management Association
- International Interior Design Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- National Apartment Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- The Real Estate Roundtable
- REALTORS Land Institute
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Urban Land Institute Worldwide
Based in Washington, DC, the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for 38.8 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive. For more information, contact NMHC at 202/974-2300, e-mail the Council at email@example.com, or visit NMHC's Web site at www.nmhc.org.