WESTBOROUGH, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ExaGrid®, a leading provider of hyper-converged secondary storage for backup, today announced record Q2 bookings and revenue for Q2 2018. ExaGrid grew at a rate of 22% over the same quarter of the prior year, continuing its trend of progressive growth at a faster rate than that of the overall market and resulting in progressive market share gain. The company also continued its up-market trajectory, attracting increasing numbers of enterprise customers with hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data to be backed up.
“ExaGrid continues to drive up market with the most scalable backup storage in the industry that can ingest up to a 2PB full backup into a single system at 432TB/hr., which is twice the size of the Dell EMC Data Domain DD9800 with 3X the ingest performance,” said Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid.
In addition to record Q2 bookings and revenue, ExaGrid:
- was the proud recipient of Storage Magazine’s “Enterprise Backup Storage Vendor of the Year” in the 2018 Storries XV Awards. ”We’re thrilled that our upmarket momentum into the enterprise is further validated by Storage Magazine on behalf of many thousands of voters,” said Andrews. The awards ceremony took place in the UK, where ExaGrid hosted Arrow, Computacenter, Fortem IT, S3 Consulting, and Softcat. Fortem IT’s CEO Steve Timothy said of ExaGrid, “Congratulations on the well-deserved Enterprise Backup award. We look forward to our continued joint success.”
continues to expand its worldwide presence with the opening of
additional inside sales offices in the U.S. and Dublin, Ireland as
well as field sales teams in Australia, Dubai, Poland, Israel, and
Mexico. ExaGrid is also adding field sales teams in Switzerland,
Spain, Italy, South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
had many key global customer wins over the quarter; a sampling
- A large U.S.-based children’s hospital replaced its Avamar/Dell EMC Data Domain solution with ExaGrid and Veeam after a POC process.
- A $5B U.S. financial institution selected ExaGrid to replace its legacy Quantum DXi backup storage.
- ExaGrid and strategic alliance partner HYCU replaced Rubrik at a major oil and gas producer in Malaysia.
- A Middle Eastern insurance company, a UAE university, and a leading South African law firm all replaced their straight disk backup storage with ExaGrid due, in part, to its superior deduplication ratio, lower cost, and unmatched integration with Veeam.
- Eastern Europe’s largest provider of mobile and network services replaced Dell EMC Data Domain with ExaGrid.
- A Hong Kong financial services firm migrated from a tape-based backup solution to ExaGrid.
- An IT services firm in France replaced the straight disk in its cloud with ExaGrid, which allows it to fully leverage and maximize all of Veeam’s features, particularly Veeam’s Scale-Out Backup Repository (SOBR).
“Backup data is growing in excess of 30% year-over-year in larger IT organizations, and retention periods continue to lengthen due to legal discovery, financial audits, and other regulatory requirements,” said Andrews. “These organizations continue to hit the wall with traditional scale-up storage architectures using inline deduplication that result in slower backups, slower restores, and an ever-expanding backup window.”
Unlike first generation deduplication solutions that were either built into a backup application media server or into a scale-up storage appliance, ExaGrid delivers the backup industry’s only true scale-out architecture with data deduplication. It is typically half the cost of the large brand solutions and also improves backup and restore performance by combining zone-level deduplication, adaptive deduplication, global deduplication, and a unique landing zone.
As the market matures, customers are understanding the performance degradation that data deduplication can have on backup unless a solution is intentionally architected to prevent any such impact. All deduplication solutions reduce storage and WAN bandwidth to a degree, but only ExaGrid solves the three inherent compute problems to achieve faster backups, restores, and VM boots by leveraging its unique landing zone, adaptive deduplication, and scale-out architecture.
“First generation deduplication solutions can be cost prohibitive for backup storage and are also slow for backups, restores, and VM boots, which is why over 80% of ExaGrid’s newly-acquired customers are replacing Dell EMC Data Domain, HP StoreOnce, Commvault Deduplication, and the Veritas 5200/5300 series of appliances with ExaGrid,” Andrews said.
All backup storage vendors reduce storage and bandwidth to varying degrees but provide slow ingest rates because they perform data deduplication ‘inline.’ In addition, because they only store deduplicated data, restore speeds and VM boots are also very slow. Because ExaGrid has eliminated the three compute challenges inherent to backup storage with data deduplication, ExaGrid’s ingest rate is six times faster - and restores/VM boots are up to 20 times faster - than its closest competitor. Unlike the first generation vendors that only add capacity as data grows, ExaGrid appliances add compute with capacity, ensuring that the backup window remains fixed in length. Only ExaGrid uses a scale-out architecture with a unique loading zone, which holistically addresses all of the scalability and performance challenges of backup storage.
ExaGrid’s published customer success stories and enterprise stories number over 350, more than all other vendors in the space combined. These include a two-page narrative and customer quote, demonstrating how satisfied customers are with ExaGrid’s unique architectural approach, differentiated product, and unrivalled customer support. Customers consistently state that not only is the product best-in-class, but ‘it just works.’
ExaGrid provides hyper-converged secondary storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at www.exagrid.com or on LinkedIn. See what ExaGrid customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.