SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NetApp (NASDAQ:NTAP), today announced NetApp® Cloud Volumes for Google Cloud Platform. NetApp Cloud Volumes offers customers a fully-managed, cloud-native file storage service that’s integrated with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This release is the first step in a partnership that combines the reach of NetApp’s world-class data services, backed by hundreds of thousands of customers, with Google Cloud’s leadership in application development, analytics and machine learning. In addition, NetApp introduced a high performance, cloud-connected flash system to power artificial intelligence (AI) and compute-intensive applications, as well as innovative new software to ensure superior cloud-architected infrastructure for data retention compliance. The company unveiled these innovations at its new Data Visionary Center, an immersive executive briefing center experience.
Harnessing all the data required for effective AI applications is a challenge for traditional solutions. NetApp brings together leading public cloud data services and the most cloud connected flash solutions, through the Data Fabric, to help customers automate and monetize their data assets.
“Companies are increasingly looking at using data and cloud technology to accelerate their businesses,” said George Kurian, CEO of NetApp. “As the leader in hybrid cloud data services, NetApp is uniquely positioned to help them create new market opportunities by rapidly deploying new technologies. Only NetApp makes it easy to integrate data with performance-leading flash and the world’s leading clouds for elastic compute and powerful analytic engines."
Today’s announcements include:
NetApp and Google Cloud Join Forces to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Data Services with NetApp Cloud Volumes for GCP
- NetApp Cloud Volumes for Google Cloud Platform is a fully-managed, cloud-native file storage service which speeds developer access to resources and simplifies management.
- NetApp’s automated syncs, NetApp Snapshot™ copies and rapid clones will support free-flowing data, allowing developers to accelerate workspace creation and build cycles.
- The service is ideal for the migration of any workload including file services, analytics, database, disaster recovery and DevOps. Now, customers have a simpler way to move data back and forth between on premises and the cloud.
“Companies are on different paths to the cloud, each with unique dependencies,” said Diane Greene, CEO, Google Cloud. “Google Cloud and NetApp are committed to simplifying the journey, meeting customers where they are, and accelerating innovation. NetApp Cloud Volumes for Google Cloud Platform —a high-performance storage service with advanced management features—gives our customers the freedom to move to the cloud at their own pace.”
Customers can sign-up for a private preview of NetApp Cloud Volumes for Google Cloud Platform at www.netapp.com/gcppreview. A public preview is scheduled for later in the year.
Cloud-connected flash improves performance, adds intelligence, and increases protection.
- Power artificial intelligence and compute-intensive applications with an enterprise all flash array designed for high performance and cloud. The new AFF A800, the first available end-to-end NVMe enterprise platform, achieves consistent sub-200 microsecond latency from application host through to data storage while offering industry leading enterprise-grade efficiency, security, and flexibility powered by NetApp ONTAP® 9.4 software.
- Accelerate SAN with a software upgrade to NVMe over Fibre Channel for select ONTAP-based systems. Shrink storage footprint with the industry’s first support of 30TB SSDs, and better meet General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) privacy requirements by being able to selectively purge data.
- New intelligent cloud services further reduce total cost of ownership. The NetApp FabricPool feature automatically tiers cold data from primary storage to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure, reducing capacity costs. And NetApp Active IQ® technology provides new cloud-based analytics predict future performance needs and identifies unprotected data to optimize operations.
More information on the NetApp blog.
StorageGRID now provides superior next-generation, cloud-architected infrastructure for financial and personal data retention compliance as one integrated resource across public and private clouds.
- NetApp StorageGRID® technology, the number one data management solution for distributed organizations, now automates tamper proof retention of critical financial and personal data.
- With an increased focus on data analytics, StorageGRID customers retain and manage an unlimited amount of rich media including recorded calls, scanned contracts, and email archives with confidence that all customer data is compliant with varying local, federal, and international data compliance regulations.
More information on the NetApp blog.
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation, and optimize their operations. For more information, visit www.netapp.com. #DataDriven
NETAPP, the NETAPP logo, and the marks listed at http://www.netapp.com/TM are trademarks of NetApp, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.