LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT) the leading global wearables brand, today introduced new apps and clock faces to help people better manage their health, directly from the wrist. Built using Fitbit’s software development kit (SDK), the apps and clock faces will give Fitbit smartwatch users new options to improve wellness and help manage conditions, like diabetes and some types of cancer. Additionally, the apps will give health plans, employers and clinical researchers new opportunities to better support their users outside of a clinical environment, helping lead to positive health outcomes.
“Smartwatches provide a powerful platform to deliver important health tools that help our users manage conditions more conveniently than ever before. With these apps and clock faces, we continue to deliver on our promise to bring important health information to the wrist,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit. “With our strong consumer engagement, cross-platform compatibility, and intuitive software and services we have become a wearable partner of choice for leaders across the healthcare industry. Together, we aim to inspire positive behavior change that can ultimately improve health outcomes and reduce costs.”
Additions will include new tools from healthcare leaders like Diplomat, the nation’s largest independent provider of specialty pharmacy services and leading health and well-being company Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), and will complement other developer apps available in the Fitbit Gallery, such as: Air Index, Blood Donor, Pill Tracker and Water Logged. More than 18,000 developers have joined Fitbit’s developer community and are actively creating content. Through the SDK, developers are finding new ways to meet the needs of people across the continuum of care.
“People with chronic and rare diseases face numerous hurdles, from juggling complex treatment plans to navigating their own healthcare benefits. At Diplomat, our goal is to provide innovative tools and services to patients,” said Jeff Park, Interim CEO of Diplomat. “With this specialty pharmacy patient engagement tool, oncology patients would have a more intuitive way to manage their therapy regimen.”
New health apps and clock faces include:*
- Dexcom**: Dexcom helps people better manage their diabetes with continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) products and tools for patients. Via the Dexcom app being developed for Fitbit Ionic and Versa, glucose data will be relayed from the Dexcom CGM to the wrist, making it easier for users to see their Dexcom CGM data alongside Fitbit activity data to better manage their condition.
- Diplomat Pharmacy Inc.: Provides innovative digital health tools for oncology patients. Users could seamlessly integrate Diplomat’s care management services platform to Fitbit Ionic and Versa to help manage their treatment with medication and prescription reminders.
- Fitabase: Fitabase provides a platform for innovative data collection to advance research efforts. Fitabase Engage is a new tool for implementing custom feedback and prompts that makes it easy for researchers to collect valuable data on the wrist using novel assessment and interaction methods.
- Go365® by Humana: Go365® is a wellness and rewards program that helps you live a healthier life, with personalized activities, as well as tracking, support and rewards, to keep you inspired along the way. With devices like Fitbit Ionic or Versa, Go365 members are able to track their activities towards Points and Bucks that they can redeem for rewards like e-gift cards, fitness gear, and charitable donations.
- Limeade: An employee engagement company, Limeade integrates well-being, engagement, inclusion, aggregation and social recognition software into one seamless experience. The Limeade app and a clock face on Fitbit smartwatches will include quick surveys and daily tips to help improve well-being. Available this week on Fitbit Ionic and Versa.
- One Drop: One Drop is the most advanced virtual diabetes care platform in market today and provides users with evidence-based and clinically effective glucose monitoring. One Drop users will be able to sync Fitbit intraday data to their One Drop accounts and see their glucose data on their Fitbit smartwatch. Now available on Fitbit Ionic and Versa.
- Sickweather: Sickweather’s mission is to provide the most accurate, predictive and meaningful sickness forecast in the world. This clock face will let you know the risk of contagious illness in your current location with alerts on the wrist and a view of top illnesses in your area.
- Walgreens: Lets users easily locate their closest Walgreens pharmacy, view Balance® Rewards points, and save money on Walgreens purchases. Now available on Fitbit Ionic and Versa.
*For those not available today, apps and clock faces are expected to be live by summer 2018.
**Will be available in the second half of 2018.
Fitbit at HLTH, Future of Healthcare Conference
Hear Fitbit’s co-founder and CEO James Park discuss “The Future of Wearables in Healthcare” during a keynote on Wednesday, May 9 at 9:50am PT in the Ironwood Ballroom, Aria Las Vegas. Or to learn more, stop by the Fitbit Health Solutions booth #612 in the exhibit hall at Aria.
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. As the leading global wearables brand, Fitbit designs products and experiences that track and provide motivation for everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of innovative and popular products include Fitbit Blaze®, Fitbit Charge 2®, Fitbit Alta HR™, Fitbit Alta®, Fitbit Ace™, Fitbit Flex 2®, and Fitbit Zip® activity trackers, as well as the Fitbit Ionic™ and Fitbit Versa™ smartwatches, Fitbit Flyer™ wireless headphones and Fitbit Aria 2™ Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Fitbit products are carried in over 45,000 retail stores and in 86 countries around the globe. Powered by one of the world’s largest social fitness networks and databases of health and fitness data, the Fitbit platform delivers personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools, including the Fitbit and Fitbit Coach apps, and the Fitbit OS for smartwatches. Fitbit Health Solutions develops health and wellness solutions designed to help increase engagement, improve health outcomes, and drive a positive return for employers, health plans and health systems.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Additional Fitbit trademarks can be found at www.fitbit.com/legal/trademark-list. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.