DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Biologics Development and Manufacturing Testing: Technologies and Global Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The scope of this study encompasses all aspects of biological safety testing used for characterization and release of biopharmaceutical, veterinary and medical diagnostics products. This research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environments, technology, market projections, and market share. Technological issues discussed in the report include the latest trends and developments.
- An overview of the global market for biological safety testing and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Discussion of the latest market trends, regulatory environments, market projections, and market share.
- A look at future of biological patents and biosimilars along with biologics patents by year.
- Company profiles of major players in the industry, including Charles River Laboratories, WuXi AppTec, SGS SA, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Lonza Group.
Summary of Key Insights:
- The decline in in vivo testing due to development of newer in vitro toxicology and efficacy tests
- Public opposition to in vivo testing based upon ethical considerations
- The anticipated growth for in vitro testing, especially due to the cell-based segment
- Development of new cell lines that express specific biomarkers for disease states and comparative diagnostics
- The growth of personalized medicines based upon the advancement of autologous cell replacement or transfusion- based (i.e., CAR/T) therapies and elucidation of mechanisms of disease using in vitro models
- Finally, the increasing number of brand name biologics coming off patent protection will result in a growing market for biosimilars or generic biologics-many of which will be manufactured overseas by contract manufacturing organizations (or CMO's) and will drive the need for increased bioequivalence testing in many markets (especially in Europe and Asia-Pacific )and will serve to increase the overall percentage of outsourced biological safety testing by large pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Summary and Highlights
4. Market Breakdown by Test Objective
5. Market Breakdown by Test Application
6. Market Breakdown by Test Technology
7. Market Breakdown by Region
8. Patent Review/ New Developments
9. Analysis of Market Opportunities
10. Company Profiles
- Admecell Inc.
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
- Avance Biosciences
- BSL Bioservice
- Catalent Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories
- Cytovance Biologics
- EMD Millipore
- Eurofins Scientific
- Intertek Group PLC
- Lonza Group
- Pharmaceutical Product Development LLC (PPD)
- Sartorius AG
- Sekisui XenoTech LLC
- Selexis SA
- SGS S.A. Corp.
- Toxikon Corp.
- WuXi Apptec
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4jsgrz/global_biologics?w=4