HILLSBORO, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Radisys® Corporation, a global leader of open telecom solutions, today announced its Mobile World Congress (MWC) showcase featuring its Open Service Delivery Software Solutions & Services that enable next generation Multi-Access Edge Computing applications and software-defined wireless access for mobile operators. The breadth and scope of these solutions underscores Radisys’ continued investment in open telecom initiatives to enable Communication Service Providers (CSPs) to drive disruption with new open architecture business models, break the cycle of vendor lock-in and enable new mobile service innovation.
- CSPs continue to rethink their network access design in order to support billions of connected devices and meet the network demands to deliver 5G services. As such, CSPs are seeking to leverage open standard server platforms while still meeting the network performance demands and increased networking workloads that 5G applications and services require.
- Radisys continues to drive solutions that enable CSPs to embrace open standards and replace traditional hardware vendors, decompose a particular network element, and deploy open reference implementations such as CORD (Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter).
In partnership with Open Networking Foundation (ONF) and ecosystem
partners, Radisys will showcase at MWC in Hall 5, Stand 5I61 the
industry’s first solutions essential to 5G and clearly demonstrate how
open telecom software and architectures are breaking vendor lock-in,
accelerating time-to-market, and reducing risk. These live
- Radio Resource-Optimized Multi-Media Delivery at the Edge – enables front-haul and back-haul cost savings and optimization by leveraging MEC platform for local breakout of high-bandwidth VoLTE, Video & Transcoding services
- Real-Time Content Overlay at the Edge – assures ultra-low latency required to provide immersive experience within high-bandwidth virtual and augmented reality applications
- Policy Drive Automation via ONAP of First Commercial Grade Cloud Native virtual MRF VNF – demonstrates OPEX savings through zero touch automation
- In conjunction with industry partners Napatech and Xilinx, Radisys will demonstrate the industry’s first virtualized RAN Accelerator powered by Radisys’ market-leading MobilityEngine™ RAN software, to advance 5G deployments. This open solution delivers to mobile operators 10x the performance for virtualized 5G applications. It will be showcased in the Napatech booth in Hall 6, Stand 6J21.
To see the technology demonstrations, or to meet with Radisys’ open telecom experts, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Natasha Tamaskar, vice president, Global Marketing and Sales Strategy, Radisys said “Communications Service Providers (CSPs) are rolling out premium services which move the power of the cloud out to the very edge of the network with data-intensive, high-bandwidth, low-latency applications. Radisys is committed to investing in leading-edge mobile innovations and open telecom initiatives such as CORD, TIP, xRAN, ONAP, ONF, and others to break vendor lock-in and create an agile, flexible and cost-effective open RAN and MEC architecture, allowing mobile operators to meet the coming requirements of the multi-service edge, especially as the 5G evolution takes shape.”
Radisys, a global leader in open telecom solutions, enables service providers to drive disruption with new open architecture business models. Radisys’ innovative disaggregated and virtualized enabling technology solutions leverage open reference architectures and standards, combined with open software and hardware to power business transformation for the telecom industry, while its world-class services organization delivers systems integration expertise necessary to solve communications and content providers’ complex deployment challenges. For more information, visit www.Radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.