NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest retail bookseller, kicks off the start of the New Year with some must read books in 2018.
“The books that end up being the hottest of the year can sometimes be a surprise, as the clamor for Fire and Fury reminded us at the start of 2018,” said Liz Harwell, Director of Merchandise at Barnes & Noble. “But there is a strong roster of books that are likely to catch fire in 2018, including former U.S. President Bill Clinton penning a White House thriller with bestselling author James Patterson, a haunting debut from a senior publishing executive, and one of the most-watched novelists in America, Meg Wolitzer of The Interestings, with a timely story about womanhood, power, and ambition.”
The books below are just some of the many titles that have recently landed or will come out in 2018, ranging from the uplifting and insightful, to the dark and mysterious.
- The Female Persuasion, Meg Wolitzer – The author of the acclaimed novel The Interestings makes her much anticipated return with a wide-sweeping and timely story about womanhood and ambition, mentorship, and the circumstances that both shape and change the ideals we begin with in our youth. April 3
- The Great Alone, Kristin Hannah – This bestselling novelist is sure to bring in new fans with her gripping tale of a former POW who takes his family off the grid in Alaska. February 6
- The President is Missing, Bill Clinton & James Patterson – What do you get when you combine a former president and one of our most beloved thriller writers? A page-turner with one-of-a-kind insight into the White House. June 4
- The Woman in the Window, A.J. Finn – This debut thriller writer, who is also a senior-level publishing executive, has penned a gripping tale about a reclusive neighbor who witnesses a startling act. Current
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway, Ruth Ware – Ruth Ware, the author of The Woman in Cabin 10 and known as the Agatha Christie of our time, returns with a haunting mystery about a dubious inheritance that falls into the wrong person’s hands. May 29
- The Outsider, Stephen King – The King of horror returns with a crime story like no other, as a small town is shocked when a respected member of the community is accused of murdering a young boy. May 22
New Age & Spirituality
- I’ve Been Thinking, Maria Shriver – This former First Lady of California, journalist, and activist, provides inspirational thoughts, quotes, prayers, and reflections on finding purpose, passion, and joy in the face of adversity. February 27
- Fire and Fury, Michael Wolff – This controversial look into the White House caught fire at the start of the New Year and is still in high demand as we enter mid-January. Current
- Marley Dias Gets It Done: And So Can You!, Marley Dias – This young activist and feminist explores social justice, volunteerism, equity and inclusion, and using social media for good in this book that draws from her experiences and champions literacy. January 30
- She Persisted Around the World: 13 Women Who Changed History, Chelsea Clinton, Illustrator Alexandra Boiger – In this companion to her bestselling She Persisted, Chelsea Clinton tells the story of 13 incredible women who have shaped history around the world. March 6
- I’ve Loved You Since Forever, Hoda Kotb, Illustrator Suzie Mason – The Today Show’s Hoda Kotb presents a heartwarming story of the adoption of her baby girl in this celebratory and poetic testament to the timeless love felt between parent and child. March 6
Find current and upcoming titles at Barnes & Noble at www.bn.com.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 632 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4.5 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.